Are router and modem combos compatible with DD-WRT?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
emanon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 17:43    Post subject: Are router and modem combos compatible with DD-WRT? Reply with quote
Are router and modem combos compatible with DD-WRT? if so, which brand and model is recommended?
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope. Well, there is WBMR-HP-G300H but the specs, see DD-WRT Supported Devices & Known incompatible devices.

Generally recommend one of these routers also for VPN, WireGuard: R7800, R7500v2, EA8500, R9000, x86.

Is your ISP cable, DSL, fiber to Ethernet or what? Does their equipment provide NAT, or allow bridge mode?
emanon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Nope. Well, there is WBMR-HP-G300H but the specs, see DD-WRT Supported Devices & Known incompatible devices.

Generally recommend one of these routers also for VPN, WireGuard: R7800, R7500v2, EA8500, R9000, x86.

Is your ISP cable, DSL, fiber to Ethernet or what? Does their equipment provide NAT, or allow bridge mode?

I have cable internet. Yes, my equipment provides NAT and allows bridge mode. I thought it would be nice to have a combo modem/router instead of one of each.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please read the forum rules, guidelines, announcements, and stickies throughout. Then read all of the wiki articles. There is even a sticky which *I* posted about this topic in the past couple of months since it's been brought up in one way or another at least 'a dozen times' this year alone. Topic locked with option to remove in the future.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=328546

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: