NETGEAR R6700AX possibly got hacked?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
jschwar313
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 23:38    Post subject: NETGEAR R6700AX possibly got hacked? Reply with quote
I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask about this, but I had a netgear router that I think was hacked. It was a Netgear R6700AX router. How do I know if it was truly hacked?

1) When I first got the router, I made sure the firmware was up to date immediately. Very soon after I got the router, I noticed that the wifi password was changed to something I didn't set it to and wouldn't use. I always change the admin router password first thing, too.

2) After I set up Armor on the device, I noticed that Armor sent me a message, which I have a picture of, that said, "Armor completed a vulnerability scan on LCFC(HeFei) and found no issues." I have no such device. It listed the MAC address, too.

3) I tried replacing the firmware on the device, but the process would start and finish and reboot, but the router wouldn't work unless I powered it off and on again. The power light would blink red until I rebooted the router. Then it would have my old settings, so the firmware upgrade didn't happen.

4) I had a laptop for work and I noticed it had attached to a network I didn't know and never knowingly attached to. I never saw that network either. I would guess it was hidden.

5) My desktop computer had issues, too.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is not a DD-WRT supported router. This area is also not for device help. Good luck.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: