Computer with Apple M1 chip can't sign into Web Interface

emanon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:31    Post subject: Computer with Apple M1 chip can't sign into Web Interface Reply with quote
Anyone using an Apple M1 chip device having trouble logging into the DDWRT router's web interface and/or accessing certain DDWRT tabs once logged in? I am.

My household is full of Apple devices and none are experiencing any problems except the only M1 device (MacBook Pro Air). If I sign into the router's web interface using an Intel-based MacBook, no problems. I can even sign in using an iPhone or iPad and no problems. I've tried restoring the router using my saved backup and that did not make a difference.

The M1 device has no trouble signing into the Wifi and no trouble using the Wifi. The problem is signing into the web interface and/or accessing certain tabs within the web interface.

I've read that having multiple Apple devices on the network can be an issue and that the last known good DD-WRT release for environments with Apple devices is 44048. I don't think that's my issue since only the M1 device is having trouble.
However, Where can I download 44048 to install and see if that solves the problem?

Anyone has any suggestions?

My router specs are in my signature.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt that 44048 is going to solve the problem, but here it is:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/08-02-2020-r44048/linksys-wrt32x/

I am staying away from the M1 hardware for now, until all the kinks are worked out. I honestly think it is a huge mistake on Apple's part to dump x86_64-based hardware. They would've been better off mixing it up between Intel and AMD.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
emanon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your response. Another problem I'm having only with the M1 machine is controlling my smart home devices. For example, using the M1 machine I can't turn lights on/off. I can turn lights on/off with no problem using all other devices.

So, I think your are correct. Reverting the release probably won't solve the problem.

Navigation

Jump to: