New Build - 04/23/2021 - r46442

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:46    Post subject: New Build - 04/23/2021 - r46442 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link does not work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r46395 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
OpenVPN 2.5.2: Guides, Server, PBR, Reverse PBR, Client (see second post), Kill Switch, update tips, scripts and more.
WireGuard 1.0.20210219/Tools: Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, update tips, scripts & more. Thanks BS & egc!
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle since r41813.
SmartDNSMiniDLNA • Unbound 1.13.1 • CoovaChilli 1.6 • Tor 0.4.5.7 • OpenSSL 1.1.1k • Dnsmasq 2.85 Privoxy 3.0.32
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.3.9+): default min/max versions changed. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++.

Issues:
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
Fonzi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router setup:
WRT1900ACS V2
All config entered manually

Configuration
Build 46177
OpenVPN - tap mode bridged
Wireguard - 11 clients
Wifi 5GHZ AC-Only WHT80
Wifi 2.4GHZ - Auto Channel NG-Mixed
Security WP2+AES on both radios
Port forwarding utilized for SMTP, IMAP, HTTP and HTTPS (IMAP on non-standard port)

Holding my breath here. But so far with uptime 1:24 46442 runs stable. As all previous versions since 46069 have crashed with a kernel failure within minutes. This is something of a new record of the later builds. I'll keep monitoring and report back, if it eventually fails.

Update: Same story. Fatal crash. No point in keeping checking, until we get a confirmation from developers that they are addressing the issue. I could post the DMESG messages - but since they are the same as before, similar to what they have been for a lot of builds now, it doesn't seem worth the time.

Last edited by Fonzi on Fri Apr 23, 2021 20:04; edited 1 time in total
kris18890
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll hopefully test this on my WRT1900ACSv2 over the weekend when I get back home, am interested to see if there's any development on the Apple issue...

Chris Cool

My DD-WRT Routers:
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACSv2 - bitchbox (gateway) (r53633 - daily use)
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACSv1 - shelleybox (AP only) (r53633 - daily use)
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACSv1 - cookiejar (gateway) (r53633 - daily use)
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACv1 - coffeejar (AP only) (r53633 - daily use)
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACv1 - teajar (AP only) (r53633 - daily use)
Linksys/Broadcom E3000 - switchbox (gateway) (r55003 - not in use/in storage)
pbphoto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Fonzi - I was about to test and saw your update.
nickant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Linksys WRT1900ACv1
Previous/Reset: r46380 (GUI update) / No
Issues: No

I upgraded without issue.
This router is only used as an AP, and I have no Apple products.
I have not had any issues with the last few builds.
There was one a few weeks ago that caused the WEBGUI to fail, but all services still worked.
Builds >46300 seem ok for me.
Note that router reboots once a week, so no longer term issues can be noted.

Linksys WRT3200ACM DD-WRT r55460 (spare Wired AP)
Netgear WNDR3700v4 DD-WRT r55460 (spare Gateway)
Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickant44/albums
Argenis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded 3200ACM from previous build without resetting.

This build is solid so far, OpenVPN client and DNSCRYPT are working, OpenDNS, Crypto Storm (CS) and Anatomical DNS are the only ones that worked for me from the built-ins but that's plenty enough.

No errors in the syslog or anywhere else, will update if there's any issues.

SD8887 802.11ac disabled but visible on GUI and CLI
TX Power 18 dBm
Antenna Gain 0 dBi
U-APSD (Automatic Power Save)Enabled 
Protection Mode None
RTS Threshold Disabled
Short Preamble Disabled 
Short GI Enabled
Single User Beamforming Enabled
Multi User Beamforming Enabled 
AP Isolation Disabled
Beacon Interval 100
DTIM Interval 2
WMM Support Enabled 
Radar Detection Disabled 
ScanList default
Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) 500 (Default: 500 meters)
Max Associated Clients 256 (Default: 256 Clients)
Minimum Signal for authenticate -128
Minimum Signal for connection -128
Poll Time for signal lookup 10
Amount of allowed low signals 3
Wireless security is WPA2 Personal CCMP-128 only
QAM256 is on
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Fonzi: Forwarding the issue report to BrainSlayer. Have you tried without using Autochannel on your 2.4 radio and picking a channel, channel width, etc.?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Fonzi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@Fonzi: Forwarding the issue report to BrainSlayer. Have you tried without using Autochannel on your 2.4 radio and picking a channel, channel width, etc.?

Hi great if dev's look into it. I help out as much as I can. About testing 2.4 radio:
- I have tried configuring from scratch with erased settings - crashing during the config.
- My config is running with fixed channel on 5 but auto on 2.4
- As reported 46069, is rock solid with these settings - so while I can try reconfiguring wifi, it defies (my) logic, that it is stable on that build - but for some reason crashes on later builds.
- I read somewhere here, that setting Wireless SSID broadcast to "Disable", disables the wireless radio(s). Can you confirm that? Any other way to ensure Wifi radios are physically off? It seems to me the best way to narrow down the issue, is to start with the new build - and radios off => Verify stable run - and then enable radio one by one, until crash is triggered. If it crashes with the radios off, I'd assume the error is not related to wifi at all. Me not being an expert by any means, I did notice that the change from 46069 to later builds, was the kernel update. (From 4.9.261 to 4.9.>261) - and that's when the crashes started.

I added the dmesg.txt from the crash this time as well. But as stated, seems to be same "story". (....CPU: 1 PID: 14569 Comm: httpd Not tainted 4.9.267 #2572...)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be ideal if you could give exact circumstances to reproduce the crash. Even with a screen recording, if possible. The only things I can suggest to try is not using Auto channel selection on wi-fi (refer to the basic and advanced wireless settings wikis), using Firefox ESR / FF ESR Portable, Pale Moon / Pale Moon Portable, or Waterfox Classic in private browsing mode with *no* extensions or add-ons loaded, *separate* from your internet browsing. If it's still crashing like this, then there is a larger problem that exists.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded WRT1200AC v1's from r46395 to r46442 using Brave 1.10.97 (64-bit) running on Linux Mint 20.1 OS hardwired via Cat6.

Successful update and reboot. No reset, nothing disabled prior to update, uptime approx 21 hrs, wired/wireless connected, vpn up immediately (Expressvpn). I do not use NAS. SFE, QoS and IPv6 are always disabled. OpenVPN client/DNSMasq and radios always enabled. I do not have any Apple devices.

Kernel Version Linux 4.9.267 #2572 SMP Fri Apr 23 03:04:44 +07 2021 armv7l

No issues with a routine update session.

Last edited by Monza on Sat Apr 24, 2021 18:28; edited 1 time in total
Fonzi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
It would be ideal if you could give exact circumstances to reproduce the crash.

I'm not able to conduct a specific action to reproduce . So I try for a start, something a simple as as a case description: (Time + Event).
16:30: Flashed 46442 - router reboot. Config retained. From 46069
17:56: I post message on this forum. Reporting build stable after 1:24H. I intentionally called up all possible web pages in the GUI during this period, to test whether the GUI calls somehow would cause crash, but cannot trigger any crash event. I really stress the GUI, calling pages on and on.
21:00: (Angry) Wife tells me, the WIFI is not working. I'm consuming a streamed movie at this point on a smart TV on cabled network, which works. She is upstairs - watching something on her Ipad. Up until then, all was OK for her. At that point she had been watching a movie on the Ipad for a couple of hours without any problems.
21:00:(30): I call the web gui to check the status - and get a no-response error. At this point I'm already quite sure about what happened. Specifically I don't get an http status error - the called page just times out.
21:02: SSH into router terminal. Run DMESG. Get confirmed that the well-known error was in there. Take a DMESG dump and transfer it to my PC.
21:03: Reboot router. Take advantage of the "for-a-while" stability. Flash 46069 from GUI. Reboot router.
21:04: Back here on the forum - do an update - and inform that this build crashes like the previous ones.

So to reproduce I really don't have a clue. If I was suspecting any action I did, triggered it - I would try to do so again. But as you see from the "event log" above, it seems to happen completely untriggered.

Edit: Will set a fixed channel on 2.4 - just to rule that out - but will test that on 46446 as it is newer than this build. If for some reason it doesn't crash with that change, we can go back here, if that is helpful to identify the issue. Will report in that thread.

Update: Did test 46446. Now with fixed 2.4 channels. Uptime 4:07. Httpd crash as before. Will post DMESG output in that build channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: