Asus RT-AC3200 Installation Procedure Need Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
dun4cheap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you talking wan problem or wap problem? I just installed kongs on my brothers AC3200 that I got him for xmas. IT is running fine with a VAP as well. Make sure you reboot the cable modem so that it will accept the new mac of the new router.

The port 80 forwarding bug with out reapplying settings appears to have been fixxed.

3 Buffalo WZR-1750DHP - DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

6 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

all in eoip configurations, some with vlans running wep and wpa.

Some with proftp enabled and smb enabled. Mixed ISP from Timewarner cable, Cox Cable and AT&T Uverse.
Sponsor
bigdb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
dun4cheap wrote:
Are you talking wan problem or wap problem? I just installed kongs on my brothers AC3200 that I got him for xmas. IT is running fine with a VAP as well. Make sure you reboot the cable modem so that it will accept the new mac of the new router.

LOL ... I meant WAN ... don't know where i got WLAN from. Anyways... I did reboot the cablemodem If the cablemodem is plugged in the all the ports flash fast at the same time. I can unplugged the cable from the cablemodem it goes back to normal ... dd-wrt shows no ip address. like I said clearing the nvram doesnt work either.I am running Tomato/Shibby just fine...thats works great but I would rather use DD-WRT.

Also can you post the link to the version you used?
bigdb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet ... Yes.. I got the new version Of Kong running now. New (KONG) Test Build - 12/27/2018 38100M - dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R8000.bin Yes the R8000 is supports the Asus RT-AC3200. Most of the problems I was having was my fault...So I'm a happy camper now. Very Happy
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can the r8000.bin be flashed straight from the cfe mini web server or does it need to be .trx then update to the .bin?
also what is the correct command to erase nvram on an Asus RT-AC3200 before flashing and then again after in putty?
erase nvram && reboot?
Also can this router be overclocked?
sorry to ask so many questions but this is a new router that my boss has purchased and wants me to flash DD-WRT on to it but in all honesty i am a Netgear man myself R7800 & R7000 so i would rather ask than brick my bosses new router lol
if it can be oc'ed what are the commands same as the R7000?
e.g.
nvram get clkfreq
nvram set clkfreq=1200,800
nvram commit && reboot

Big thanks for the heads up with this
dun4cheap
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not over clocked any of mine so I cannot answer that question for you. You can do the trx file from the cfe or the webif. After this I would install kongs latest and you should be golden.

The earse nvram and the nvram erase are in the air. do both if you need to.

The port 80 forwarding bug with out reapplying settings appears to have been fixxed.

3 Buffalo WZR-1750DHP - DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

6 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16)

all in eoip configurations, some with vlans running wep and wpa.

Some with proftp enabled and smb enabled. Mixed ISP from Timewarner cable, Cox Cable and AT&T Uverse.
bigdb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just do the clear nvram by power off then holding down wps button power on .. wait until the power flashes fasst. Now wait until it completely roots then power off hold down reset button power on wait until power light flashes slowly now load up the web mini server via 192.168.1.1 now upload the newest kong r8000 build... now wait until it completely reboots... this could take a while... be very patient. then goto 192.168.1.1 you should get the dd-wrt logon screen now.
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
bigdb wrote:
Just do the clear nvram by power off then holding down wps button power on .. wait until the power flashes fasst. Now wait until it completely roots then power off hold down reset button power on wait until power light flashes slowly now load up the web mini server via 192.168.1.1 now upload the newest kong r8000 build... now wait until it completely reboots... this could take a while... be very patient. then goto 192.168.1.1 you should get the dd-wrt logon screen now.

"now upload the newest kong r8000 build" so to confirm you do mean the Build dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R8000.bin file i do not see a .trx to use?
i have seen a tutorial that suggested flashing it with a .trx extension and then use the bin in the DD-WRT interface
to be safe i will flash bs trx file first then flash the kong.bin from within ddwrt

Last edited by foz111 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 14:29; edited 1 time in total
bigdb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
foz111 wrote:
bigdb wrote:

"now upload the newest kong r8000 build" so to confirm you do mean the Build dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R8000.bin file i do not see a .trx to use?
i have seen a tutorial that suggested flashing it with a .trx extension and then use the bin in the DD-WRT interface

Yes upload the dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_R8000.bin ...that's how I did it. Not sure what tutorial you are suggesting.
rohan_20
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 16:00    Post subject: Repeater option in Asus RT-AC3200 with dd wrt not working Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I have installed latest DD WRT firmware asus_rt-ac3200-firmware.trx released on 2019-08-06.
I was able to install in successfully, however i am using dd wrt firmware for the repeater function, and bought the modem as well specifically for that function.

However, I tried to configure it 4-5 times as per the DD WRT steps, but unable to connect it.
Can some one help with it ?
grnorris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:27    Post subject: The Method that worked for me 2021 Reply with quote
I've read a lot of outdated methods and had a hard time figuring out the right way to do this so I wanted to be sure to update this thread on the method that worked for me (as best I remember it).

First download the latest DD-WRT firmware for the RT-AC3200, it will have the AC3200 in the filename and be of type trx.

Second connect a computer to the router through one of it's ethernet ports (not the internet port).

Next follow this guide but use the DD-WRT firmware instead of what they suggest: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/

That's it, that's what finally worked after hours of trying. I think I did have to try a few times to get it to upload but narrowed the issue down to a loose connection (don't try to upload from a usb drive).

I'll also post this as a separate topic (assuming I can as a new user).

Moderator edit / note 04.15.2021

No, you won't. I removed your double-post. Please read the forum rules and guidelines a few times until they sink in. Thank you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: