transmission: First electricity come and go settings change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 15:07    Post subject: transmission: First electricity come and go settings change Reply with quote
Router Model
Netgear R7000P
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v3.0-r46259 std (04/03/21)
Kernel Version
Linux 4.4.264 #2426 SMP Sat Apr 3 09:01:58 +07 2021 armv7l

hello to all developers.

My home has a generator, its delay to start. I can't change it. when the electricity came and go very fast (bump) the transmission user settings (setting.json) file change to default. All my download hampered. I try to download GTA V three times and file directory change, all the 30 GB of download is now corrupted. I try to tell this many time but I don’t have the language skills to describe it. Please fix this issue.

Make the possibility to charge the default settings permanent or make the settings file save in the router memory so this will not be going to happened again.

Your sincerely
Friendly user
RB
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Under Administration / Bootfail Handling:

Disable "Reset after 5 Bootfails"

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:

What you mean I don’t understand described it with web GUI.
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ritam Banik wrote:
egc wrote:

What you mean I don’t understand described it with web GUI.

brother i am not so smart i find the option "Reset after 5 Bootfails" if i change it, next time if i need to recovery my router (if it is necessary), is it going to prevent me some way. what is the implication for it.
I love this community day by day.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as I can tell, if you Enable this and the router starts booting but is not succesfulf 5 times in a row then it will reset to defaults.

So if you switch the router on and off 5 times in a row (you probably have to let it run for let's say 20-30 seconds and then switch off before it fully boots) it will trigger a reset.

But in your case if you have 5 power outages in a row it will also reset so in your case you should then Disable it.

Like I said it is new and it is just what I make of it so I could be wrong.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
As far as I can tell, if you Enable this and the router starts booting but is not succesfulf 5 times in a row then it will reset to defaults.

So if you switch the router on and off 5 times in a row (you probably have to let it run for let's say 20-30 seconds and then switch off before it fully boots) it will trigger a reset.

But in your case if you have 5 power outages in a row it will also reset so in your case you should then Disable it.

thank you.
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ritam Banik wrote:
egc wrote:

thank you.

its not work. option need to change "Make the possibility to charge the default settings permanent"
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a hardware and software communication gap. Transmission BT not adopted property. Day one I have this issue. No one bother to fix it. Every two or three hours later I have to monitor the settings. It is a pain that I carry on from the first day of my dd-wrt torrent downloading.

My old router Dir-825ACG1 have a Transmission BT, its do not give me this pain. But it is a low capacity router. It can’t download big file. The transmission settings not charging every reboot or electricity bump. Please developers fix this problem.
robert-e
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 19:00    Post subject: intermittant power problem Reply with quote
You have a HARDWARE problem that is not easily fixed in software. I think you will need a "battery float" solution. Be sure to use isolating diodes, and perhaps a "charge-limiting" resistor. If you do not know how to do this, post the voltage and current needs of your router, and I will try to walk you through.

Regards,
Bob
Ritam Banik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23    Post subject: Re: intermittant power problem Reply with quote
robert-e wrote:
You have a HARDWARE problem that is not easily fixed in software. I think you will need a "battery float" solution. Be sure to use isolating diodes, and perhaps a "charge-limiting" resistor. If you do not know how to do this, post the voltage and current needs of your router, and I will try to walk you through.

Regards,
Bob

Dear Bob,
My router is new. Only three months old. What is your Method? Its take long moment to reboot.
As usually Netgear take time to start or reboot.
What I understand I send you.

Regards,
RB

IMG_20210407_103152aaa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.97 KB
 Viewed:  2117 Time(s)

IMG_20210407_103152aaa.jpg

robert-e
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 20:32    Post subject: Two circuits for battery float charger. Reply with quote
These are NOT for use with lithium-ion batteries.
The first circuit must be monitored manually. D1, D@ and D3 are 5 amp power diodes with minimum voltage rating 10 volts. Start with R approx. 20 Ohms at 5 Watts and will change depending on the battery capacity. Higher value of R will take longer to charge the battery. Check it's temperature while charging. The switch is to stop charging, so the battery does not overcharge.

The second circuit does not need to be monitored so closely, but does need more components.

If you do not understand this, you might want to get someone who does to check for errors before you use it.

Regards
Bob

Edit. Not sure if the attchment worked. if not send me an email at ve5agbob@sasktel.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: