Client username

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Itsyaboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 13:06    Post subject: Client username Reply with quote
Is it possible to add a username in the wireless security section of a client (repeater)? Maybe in the custom config box? Just don’t know how to set that up. So I’m trying to connect my router to a hotspot that my internet service provides, and it ask for a username and password, but in wireless security it only has a password option, so I’m wondering if there’s a custom config / cmd that I can enter?

Moderator edit & note: Image size should be no wider than 768 pixels per the updated forum rules and guidelines. Image has been re-sized.
Sponsor
siege
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
The screen you're looking at is defining the security for the router's wireless networks (as in, the networks it will create). That is not how you would go about doing what you are trying to do.
Itsyaboy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
siege wrote:
The screen you're looking at is defining the security for the router's wireless networks (as in, the networks it will create). That is not how you would go about doing what you are trying to do.

But that’s also how you enter the password for the client, since the 5ghz ath1 is in client mode that’s where I would enter the password for it to connect, at least I think it is.. I think I connected to my phones hotspot that way in past, umm if not then how do I go about it? Atm it’s connected to a hotspot that does not require a password, let me test it on my phone brb.

Edit: actually I don’t need to test it I just remembered that’s how I used to connect to another router of mine.. is there an alternate way of doing it? If so could u point me in the right direction so I can read up on it?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's unclear what you want.

Authentication that uses Username and password:

802.1x
wpa2-Enterprise
Radius

Are you looking for a hotel system. Search for "captive Portal".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: