Router loses connection every 15 seconds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Oro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:53    Post subject: Router loses connection every 15 seconds. Reply with quote
I have set up my TP-Link WR841N v11 running DD-WRT v3.0-r46069 std into client mode. It's acting as a wireless extender, I have connected it to my main router and setup a virtual ap to use it.

Now it works but the devices connected to the router loose internet connectivity every 15 seconds. After a reboot the time interval changes and can be 5,6,8 seconds; quite random. During it's connection loss, the main router has internet. My main router is on 192.168.1.1 subnet and ddwrt router is on 192.168.2.1 subnet.

Also I understand that speed will be less but this one's actually slow. I tried enabling/disabling WMM support as my main router works fine but didn't help.

I tried changing the wireless modes and channel width, didn't help. My firewall is disabled. I have connected the router to my main router using a static ip, dhcp makes no difference. Router has almost full signal from main router.

My main router is TP-Link TD-W8968 running stock firmware.
Sponsor
Oro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad No help me folks!! Sad
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324014

about wifi settings

Read:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

on linking routers.

Do you have any logs... otherwise we are just guessing and if you have done debugging you should know that non-consistent symptoms are hardest to diagnose.
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Without details or logs we can only guess. If I have to troubleshoot blindly, check the status of the connection on the secondary router (via LAN cable) and on the primary router, to judge whether is the main link which goes down often, or the link between your repeater and the clients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: