D'link DIR-868L Optimum, Please Need help with flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
You say that a lot. I don't know what you mean by that. That does not apply to me. You never tried that? Rolling Eyes

You can do this or you can do that; you can use with this then you can use with that but this is where it's at.

Yes, just flash that then you can flash that. The choice is yours.
Sponsor
Dukenukemx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
You say that a lot. I don't know what you mean by that. That does not apply to me. You never tried that. Rolling Eyes

I thought I did. I have a lot of files spread out between computers trying to do this and thought on my Windows machine that I used tftp32 instead of tftp2. BTW the anticipation 1024 isn't needed as I tried with and without. Only Tomato or AdvancedTomato boots up. Dlink OEM and DD-WRT doesn't work using this method.
Quote:

You can do this or you can do that; you can use with this then you can use with that but this is where it's at.

Yes, just flash that then you can flash that.

I was able to get it to DD-WRT by flashing dir868a-webflash.bin .

BTW, this router isn't for me. This is for a friend of mine who was stuck in the stone ages and was using a WNDR3400 from Optimum as well. That was converted to DD-WRT as well and had a few bad caps which is what was causing internet issues, but then he shows me this DIR-868L and told him that router is far better. Dudes not rich so this would be a big help for him.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dukenukemx wrote:
DD-WRT doesn't work using this method.

Which builds and files did you try, quarkysg's? Be specific!

Dukenukemx wrote:

How exactly did you do that? From Tomato? So others can know...and again builds?
Dukenukemx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Dukenukemx wrote:
DD-WRT doesn't work using this method.

Which builds and files did you try, quarkysg's? Be specific!

Basically all of them. I'm talking about through the serial port method and not the web ui. I tried 2020-11-03 as well as the latest build. Flashing Tomato is the first step as indicated by other people in other threads. Advanced Tomato also works.
Quote:

Dukenukemx wrote:

How exactly did you do that? From Tomato? So others can know...and again builds?

You go to administration and then upgrade. From there you can upgrade to DD-WRT. Factory to DDWRT doesn't work. It has to be the webflash file. The build I installed is 03-24-2021-r46166.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: