New Build - 02/27/2021 - r45859

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Author Message
blkt
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 20 Jan 2019
Posts: 2779

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 18:17    Post subject: New Build - 02/27/2021 - r45859 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.


Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link does not work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r45849 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
OpenVPN 2.5.1: Setup Guides, Server, PBR, update tips, scripts and more.
WireGuard 1.0.20210219/Tools: Setup Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, update tips, scripts and more. Thanks BS & egc!
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle since r41813.
Experimental build option for Broadcom 8MB+ K2.x devices (limited currently): broadcom_K3X_mipsel32r1
• Broadcom MIPS devices are now on kernel 4.4. • Support added for TP-Link Archer C8 v2 and v3.
• Dnsmasq 2.84 • SmartDNS update • MiniDLNA 1.3.0 • Privoxy 3.0.31 • Unbound 1.13.1 • CoovaChilli 1.6 OpenSSL 1.1.1j
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.3.5+): default min/max versions changed. • WSD updated. • ANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode drivers.

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI, but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. #6246
WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices (only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations for certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
VAPs not working at boot fixed for unbridged VAPs in 40562 - 40566. Effective startup commands discussion thread is here.
If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay, e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25'.
Broadcom ARM devices if 5 GHz channels are missing, via Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'reboot'
Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
nmordasov
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 Jun 2016
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Dlink-DIR890L
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45859 std (02/27/21)
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45632
Services: samba, dhcp, wifi 5 ghz AP -> wifi 5 ghz Client
Status: Works, Web-update, no reset.
Mode: AP/Client/gateway
Issues: Apply button in Wireless settings restarts AP successfully, but Client does not reconnect. I use wl0 as AP and wl2 as Client. Both 5G. 2G disabled. Reconnects only after reboot.


Processor Processor throttling selection doesn't seem to change anything - in info panel frequency always 1000.

P.S. For some reason, as Client, wl2 (100%) has much better signal quality with remote AP than wl0 (40%), at the same time wl0 delivers full quality to closer proximity devices as AP. Maybe different beam forming, idk.
Edit: Seems like "Auto" channel selection doesn't work or work in opposite direction, picks channel with lowest SNR instead of highest. I had to set it manually.

Issues are the same in previous builds. It was not introduced in this one.

After NVRAM reset, issue stays.


Last edited by nmordasov on Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:15; edited 3 times in total
flyzipper
DD-WRT User


Joined: 21 Feb 2016
Posts: 468

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r45859 std (02/27/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.258 #2141 SMP Thu Feb 25 10:57:00 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous: r45849
Mode/Status: Gateway / working
Issues/Errors: Working well so far.

Uptime: 2hrs 5mins
Upgrade: via web UI, no issues
Reset: no
Temperatures: CPU 66.4 °C / WL0 46.0 °C / WL1 51.9 °C
Abboo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Apr 2016
Posts: 170

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Netgear R8000
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45859 std (02/27/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.258 #2149 SMP Sat Feb 27 14:36:05 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45849 std (02/25/21)
Drivers: Experimental
Services: samba, wireguard client, openvpn client, dhcp, wifi 2.4 ghz, usb, nas
Status: working with the exception of accessing usb from win7 explorer
Updated: via webgui
Mode: AP/gateway
Issues: cannot access the usb from win7 explorer
Reset: no
Reboot: yes
Uptime: 22 min
Load Average: 0.42, 0.40, 0.33
Temperatures: CPU 46.9 °C

Errors: as reported in the syslog below

Dec 31 20:00:10 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: bcmsflash: found no supported devices
Dec 31 20:00:13 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_dump_survey: cca_get_stats failed (-52)
Dec 31 20:00:21 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/1247]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/ksmbd.subauth': No such file or directory
Dec 31 20:00:21 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2[1244]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send: Network unreachable
Dec 31 20:00:23 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: hub 3-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)
Feb 27 16:38:41 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2[1244]: Terminated received.
Feb 27 16:38:42 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2[2460]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send: Network unreachable
Feb 27 16:38:49 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/3018]: ERROR: Failed to create lock file: File exists
Feb 27 16:50:12 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/3740]: ERROR: treecon: user account not found:
Feb 27 16:50:37 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: ksmbd: smb2_query_dir:4093: error while processing smb2 query dir rc = 1

Warning messages as at February 27, 2021

Feb 27 16:38:45 DD-WRT daemon.warn dnsmasq[2744]: warning: ignoring resolv-file flag because no-resolv is set
Feb 27 16:38:45 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: EXT4-fs (sda6): Ignoring removed nobh option
Feb 27 16:38:45 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: EXT4-fs (sda5): Ignoring removed nobh option

I have reformatted sda5 and sda6 and cleaned ntfs, they mount.
I can access dd-wrt files via media devices. See photos.



Share.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.3 KB
 Viewed:  772 Time(s)

Share.png



Media devices.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.27 KB
 Viewed:  774 Time(s)

Media devices.png


kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 8359
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
flood404 wrote:
Abboo wrote:
Abboo wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Why don't you have a user added?

It always work without a user added

Having added a user and password the results are still the same; I cannot access the shared network folder from Win7 explorer.

The guest access is broken even in r45859.

The fix so far for me was to add more users to your shares for each computer to have access to the shares. One account does not work over more than 1 computer since it is not allowed now.

So add another user name and password to your list in dd-wrt. Then click save and apply and I would suggest a reboot too of the router.

Then wait about 5 to 10 mins for the Samba service to boot and set itself up.

Then use the user name and password that is not being used on other systems. It will allow access this time.

_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
flood404
DD-WRT User


Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 234

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Abboo wrote:
Router Model: Netgear R8000
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45859 std (02/27/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.258 #2149 SMP Sat Feb 27 14:36:05 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45849 std (02/25/21)
Drivers: Experimental
Services: samba, wireguard client, openvpn client, dhcp, wifi 2.4 ghz, usb, nas
Status: working with the exception of accessing usb from win7 explorer
Updated: via webgui
Mode: AP/gateway
Issues: cannot access the usb from win7 explorer
Reset: no
Reboot: yes
Uptime: 22 min
Load Average: 0.42, 0.40, 0.33
Temperatures: CPU 46.9 °C

Errors: as reported in the syslog below

Dec 31 20:00:10 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: bcmsflash: found no supported devices
Dec 31 20:00:13 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_dump_survey: cca_get_stats failed (-52)
Dec 31 20:00:21 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/1247]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/ksmbd.subauth': No such file or directory
Dec 31 20:00:21 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2[1244]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send: Network unreachable
Dec 31 20:00:23 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: hub 3-0:1.0: config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)
Feb 27 16:38:41 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2[1244]: Terminated received.
Feb 27 16:38:42 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2[2460]: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send: Network unreachable
Feb 27 16:38:49 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/3018]: ERROR: Failed to create lock file: File exists
Feb 27 16:50:12 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/3740]: ERROR: treecon: user account not found:
Feb 27 16:50:37 DD-WRT kern.err kernel: ksmbd: smb2_query_dir:4093: error while processing smb2 query dir rc = 1

Warning messages as at February 27, 2021

Feb 27 16:38:45 DD-WRT daemon.warn dnsmasq[2744]: warning: ignoring resolv-file flag because no-resolv is set
Feb 27 16:38:45 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: EXT4-fs (sda6): Ignoring removed nobh option
Feb 27 16:38:45 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: EXT4-fs (sda5): Ignoring removed nobh option

I have reformatted sda5 and sda6 and cleaned ntfs, they mount.
I can access dd-wrt files via media devices. See photos.



I got the same messages trying to use a guest account.

As Kernel Panic posted my response from the other thread your going to have to make more accounts in the DD-WRT samba shares configuration page and use only 1 account per device that you want to access Samba shares. So if you got 3 computers and few streaming boxes each one will require their own Samba account to work. Most of them have the remember the account so you do not have to keep entering them in.
nmordasov
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 05 Jun 2016
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Dlink-DIR890L
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45859 std (02/27/21)
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45632
Services: samba, dhcp, wifi 5 ghz AP -> wifi 5 ghz Client
Status: Works, Web-update, no reset.
Mode: AP/Client/gateway
Issues:
IP Camera D-Link DCS-2630L, after connecting to 5G Wifi AP (wl0), router shows device in info panel as successfully connected, then after few seconds goes into reboot, the wl0 still shows into discovery, but becomes unable to authorize into even after power off, adjusting settings doesn't help. Recovery from backup nvram helps. Regular devices (smartphone, computer) does not cause that issue. Is there any way wireless driver or ip camera traffic can corrupt nvram.

P.S. After NVRAM reset, issue disappeared, works so far.



Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.59.16 PM.png
 Description:
Device corrupts wl0 operation.
 Filesize:  52.12 KB
 Viewed:  725 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.59.16 PM.png




Last edited by nmordasov on Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10; edited 1 time in total
Abboo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Apr 2016
Posts: 170

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
flood404 wrote:
Abboo wrote:
Abboo wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Why don't you have a user added?

It always work without a user added

Having added a user and password the results are still the same; I cannot access the shared network folder from Win7 explorer.

The guest access is broken even in r45859.

The fix so far for me was to add more users to your shares for each computer to have access to the shares. One account does not work over more than 1 computer since it is not allowed now.

So add another user name and password to your list in dd-wrt. Then click save and apply and I would suggest a reboot too of the router.

Then wait about 5 to 10 mins for the Samba service to boot and set itself up.

Then use the user name and password that is not being used on other systems. It will allow access this time.


I have created 3 users and passwords and cannot access the usb from Win7 explorer

I can stream from multiple devices simultaneously

The issue is, not being able to access the usb via windows explorer I cannot add or delete files using this method; this was more efficient and effective

Not withstanding this issue, everything else is great. Thanks BS for all the work you are putting. It keeps me busy during this covid period.
flood404
DD-WRT User


Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Abboo wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
flood404 wrote:
Abboo wrote:
Abboo wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Why don't you have a user added?

It always work without a user added

Having added a user and password the results are still the same; I cannot access the shared network folder from Win7 explorer.

The guest access is broken even in r45859.

The fix so far for me was to add more users to your shares for each computer to have access to the shares. One account does not work over more than 1 computer since it is not allowed now.

So add another user name and password to your list in dd-wrt. Then click save and apply and I would suggest a reboot too of the router.

Then wait about 5 to 10 mins for the Samba service to boot and set itself up.

Then use the user name and password that is not being used on other systems. It will allow access this time.


I have created 3 users and passwords and cannot access the usb from Win7 explorer

I can stream from multiple devices simultaneously

The issue is, not being able to access the usb via windows explorer I cannot add or delete files using this method; this was more efficient and effective

Not withstanding this issue, everything else is great. Thanks BS for all the work you are putting. It keeps me busy during this covid period.



Did you tell windows to remember the passwords you used?
You may need to go to credential manager and delete the user name and passwords that you used to access the DD-WRT shares.

I had an issue with my system where I could not do anything with the files. It would error out. Then I found that if I told windows to remember the user name and password it would do crazy things like this. VLC would tell me in the debugger that it reached the EOF or End of File in a middle of playing music. Windows media player would say unknown network error has occurred. See if that helps. Do not use the remember user name and password when entering it. And see if you can copy and do what you want with your files. As long as the PC stays on and not rebooted it only asks once while logged into windows.
twindragon6
DD-WRT User


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:50    Post subject: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r45859 std (02/27/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.258 #2141 SMP Thu Feb 25 10:57:00 +06 2021 armv7l
Mode: Gateway, Wireless AP.
Reset: Nope.
Previous: 02-25-2021-r45849
Status: Working well so far, still testing.
Temperatures: CPU 57.5 °C / WL0 46.4 °C / WL1 51.8 °C



Logs.txt
 Description:
Full System Logs

Download
 Filename:  Logs.txt
 Filesize:  152.1 KB
 Downloaded:  12 Time(s)

IONK
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: D-Link DIR-868L Rev.A1
File/Kernel: dir868a-webflash.bin / Linux 4.4.258 #2141 SMP Thu Feb 25 10:57:00 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous/Reset: r45849 / no
Mode/Status: Repeater Bridge on 5GHz AC/N-Mixed (wl0 is purposely turned off) / working
Issues/Errors: none

_________________
▫ RSS feed for DD-WRT releases: https://feed43.com/ddwrt-downloads.xml (unofficial)
easyddup - A simple upgrade/downgrade utility by yoyoma2
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum