Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 14:20 Post subject: New Build - 02/23/2021 - r45820
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: Linksys WRT1900ACS (v1)
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r45820 (02/23/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.257 #2443 SMP Tue Feb 23 02:51:00 +07 2021 armv7l
Mode: Gateway, 2.4G and 5G wifi, OpenVPN client, RADIUS Server configuration in process
Reset: No (but 10-second hardware reset afterwards)
Load Average: 0.04, 0.03, 0.00
Temperatures: CPU 70.3 °C / WL0 42.4 °C / WL1 44.0 °C
Status: 33min up, all's well so far but I'm still configuring and might have to reboot before I let it run free.
For future ref, here are the exact steps used to get DD-WRT r45820 onto this Linksys WRT1900ACSv1 using the current release of the Pale Moon browser:
1) I assume this step was probably not necessary, but it's included here for thoroughness: Used older Linksys GUI in one partition to re-update Linksys factory firmware (July 2017) back to latest (April 2018) in opposite partition, which is still just under 32MB (although close enough that I had to confirm by calculating from KB).
2) Used latest Linksys GUI to flash factory-to-ddwrt_r34411.bin drawn from correct dd-wrt betas subdirectory, and ignored incorrect filename warning, which flashed and booted (oddly as different r34315 per DD-WRT GUI).
3) Used DD-WRT GUI (WITHOUT RESET) to flash ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acs-webflash_r45820.bin.
4) I let it run for awahile with no issues, and then did a 10-second hardware reset as suggested before beginning my particular configuration.
I plan to finish setting up my internal RADIUS server tonight, and then I'll probably have to reboot before letting it run free for awhile.
Thank you! _________________ My DD-WRT Routers:
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACSv2 (r46395 - test only)
Linksys/Marvell WRT1900ACSv1 (r46069 - daily use)
HP Laptop/Intel/x86-64 (r46316 - test only due to unsupported wifi)
Netgear/Broadcom R7000 (3x: r45928 - remote use)
Linksys/Broadcom WRT54G/GS (4x: r44715 - occasional use)
Netgear/Atheros R9000 (bought broken and awaiting delivery)
Upgraded WRT1200AC v1's from r45767 to r45820 using Brave 1.10.91 (64-bit) running on Linux Mint 20.1 OS hardwired via Cat6.
Successful update and reboot. No reset, nothing disabled prior to update, uptime approx 23 hr, wired/wireless connected, vpn up immediately (Expressvpn). I do not use NAS. SFE and IPv6 are always disabled. OpenVPN client/DNSMasq, QoS with PIE always enabled. I do not have any Apple devices.
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.257 #2443 SMP Tue Feb 23 02:51:00 +07 2021 armv7l