ip isolation with x86 [SOLVED]

Cratebv212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 13:31    Post subject: ip isolation with x86 [SOLVED] Reply with quote
I've been trying to isolate my wife's work computers from the network. I've tried unbridging eth1 or eth2, but when I do the pc's say unidentified network. I've restarted the router and both pc's with the same results. I don't have the vlan option like I did with my ac1750. So is this possible? Maybe this is a dumb question?
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you run that wonderful Winblows network troubleshooter or cycle disabling and enabling the network interface? Windows seems to have really complicated the crap out of something that used to be so simple.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Cratebv212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it said unable to obtain ip address. Win 10 has given me so much trouble with static ip's and nas.
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Given this is the x86 platform, and you could be running it on many different hardware, and you might be using the public vs. pro version (which presumably supports wifi), and eth1 and eth2 could be either wired or wireless, etc., etc., it might be helpful to have a wee bit more details about your setup. IOW, just mentioning that you unbridged eth1 or eth2 without any other information isn't all that useful.
ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Cratebv212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its an activated 64 bit 2gb version. My eth 1 and 2 are wired. I'm using a 2 port nic, one port is eth0 for wan and other port is eth1. The onboard nic is eth2. All my pc's are wired to the router which is a dell inspiron 620, i7 2600, 8gb ram. I also use expressvpn for every device except the tv's and game pc.
Cratebv212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got it to work finally. I kept using win 10 diagnostics and a few router reboots. I now have eth2 with a different ip address and net isolation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: