D-Link DIR-882 Cannot configure -No open ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
bsquared
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21    Post subject: D-Link DIR-882 Cannot configure -No open ports Reply with quote
Can anyone help me access the web configurator?
...Or even SSH of telnet?
I have a D-Link DIR-882 that I installed dd-wrt yesterday. The install went smooth, but after configuring it as a (wired) repeater, I can no longer access the web based configurator.
I set the dd-wrt Local IP address to 192.168.35.200 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, and disabled the DHCP server. I also had the wifi radios turned off.
It is working properly as a repeater. but I cannot access the web based configurator. I set my computer to 192.168.35.2 (255.255.255.0) manually, and connected the router to my computer directly with a CAT5 cable. When I try to access it at 192.168.35.200, the browser times out.
If I ping 192.168.35.200 it responds, and a LAN scan indicates that it is on the LAN, but a port scan shows no open ports Confused

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't understand wired repeater. The only repeater modes are for wireless. You have wired AP, wired switch, and standard gateway configs. You should probably reset the router via button and start over.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

Also, it would help to know which build you flashed....

Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
bsquared
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe it is a switch not a repeater. I just needed to extend all the ports (and wifi) with no routing or DHCP. It will be wired to the teleco combo ADSL modem/router that will be handling DHCP.

I used the default build that showed up when I searched the database and found my router. I just checked now, it shows v3.0 [beta] Build: 44715. If It wasn't changed from yesterday, that's what I used.
factory-to-ddwrt.bin
dlink-dir882-a1-webflash.bin
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_access_point
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
bsquared
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the link kernel-panic69, that's what I want to do.

I tried the 30/30/30 reset https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30 many times.
When I am holding in the reset button in the power LED and the LED beside it stay on and the 5G LED remains dim. When I power it up, after about 3 seconds the power LED starts flashing.
My understanding is that the 30/30/30 procedure should reset the dd-wrt settings back to what they were when I first installed dd-wrt, and the router should have a web server running on 192.168.1.1, but with my computer set to 192.168.1.2, and a cable directly connected to the internet port I get no responce. A LAN scan shows nothing. when it reboots, it goes back to the 192.168.35.200 address.
I also tried to access the D-LINK emergency room and it does the same as the 30/30/30 procedure.

Is there anything else I can try to bring this unit back to life?
...I hope I didn't just brick this router. Sad
Milax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you try reset to Recovery Mode ?

Press and hold the reset button on the router. While keeping that pressed, pull the power cable out and insert it back after 5-10 seconds.
Now let go of the reset button. Wait for about a minute or two and you will see the LEDs blinking .

Assign your computer an IP address of 192.168.0.2 manually. You have to do this by going in the network settings and setting it as ‘manual’. Connect a network cable from your WAN port on the router to the Ethernet port on computer.

Now open Firefox browser and goto http://192.168.0.1. This is the IP of your router and 192.168.0.2 is the IP of your computer.

You should be able to flash your router again
bsquared
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help Milax.
After many attempts, I was finally able to connect my browser to 192.168.0.1.
Once I got that far, I flashed the latest firmware for my router from the D-LINK website, and restore it.
Success!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem with flashing the latest D-Link firmware is it will likely lock out flashing DD-WRT. You have to flash a much older version on D-Links, if memory serves. I could be wrong, but I'm not digging through the original device thread to find out Twisted Evil

https://www.google.com/search?q=dir-882+dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: