Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 15:21 Post subject: New Build - 02/06/2021 - r45690
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI, but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. #6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with 40562-40566.Effective startup commandsdiscussion thread is here.
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay, e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25'.
• Broadcom ARM devices missing 5GHz channels, via Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'nvram reboot'
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
Router Model: Netgear R8000
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45690 std (02/06/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.255 #1980 SMP Sat Feb 6 10:53:10 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45677 std (02/04/21)
Services: samba, wireguard client, openvpn client, dhcp, wifi 2.4 ghz, usb, nas
Updated: via webgui
Issues: can access usb from internet explorer form Windows 7 computer hardwired to a lan port to the router. There is the message: this folder is empty. I cannot access the folder from the television; the message: No stored files found
Uptime: 8 min
Temperatures: CPU 48.0 °C
Errors: as reported in the syslog below
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/1223]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/ksmbd.subauth': No such file or directory
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/1224]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/smb.db': No such file or directory
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/1224]: ERROR: User database file does not exist. Only guest sessions (if permitted) will work.
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
Feb 6 13:40:19 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2: Terminated received.
Feb 6 13:40:19 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/1223]: ERROR: WARNING: child process exited abnormally: 1224
Feb 6 13:40:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/2261]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/smb.db': No such file or directory
Feb 6 13:40:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/2261]: ERROR: User database file does not exist. Only guest sessions (if permitted) will work.
Feb 6 13:40:21 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/2397]: ERROR: Failed to create lock file: File exists
Reverting back to r45592
Having reverted it is working like a charm
download speed 52 mbps from 80 mbps
Firmware: v3.0-r45690 std (02/06/21)
Router/Version: Netgear R7000 Kernel: Linux 4.4.255 #1972 SMP Fri Feb 5 20:52:38 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous: v3.0-r45677 std (02/04/21)
Mode/Status: AP wired and wireless, Up and running for 1.5 days.
Reset: Soft boot before and after upgrade
Temperatures: CPU 54.7 °C / WL0 43.8 °C / WL1 49.2 °C
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant
Updated via webif. No 'nvram erase' this time, last one was in July 2018 (r36325).
There is a mysterious "Sysctl" tab in the Administration tab that seems to allow a lot of fine-tuning. It is very tempting to change some of these just to see what happens.
There is a minor issue with the packet count on wl0.1 and "Connected Clients" stuck at zero. The wl0 and wl1 counts seem correct.
Upload and Download speeds are to ISP spec. Nothing unexpected in the syslog.
Current basic R7000 setup (subject to change of course):
- Static WAN IP
- SFE - On
- STP - On
- IPv4 only, both WAN and LAN
- LAN DHCP Enabled
- Wireless: AP, Regulatory Domain = CANADA, wl0 Mixed (ch. 6), wl1 AC/N-Mixed (ch. 149, VHT80), AES
- 1 wireless VLAN on wl0
- SNMP disabled, SSH enabled, Telnet disabled
- Firewall enabled, Log Level high
- Syslog: to local server. klogd: disabled.
- USB support - Off
- No custom scripts
- NO: ttraf, Tor, VNC, Zabbix, VPN, Radius, OpenVPN
- NO: UPnP, DMZ, QoS
- NO: Samba, CIFS, JFFS2, miniDLNA, Entware, Optware _________________ Netgear R7000: v3.0-r46166 std (03/24/21)
EdgeRouter-X: EdgeOS v2.0.9-hotfix 1
Joined: 16 Mar 2019 Posts: 174 Location: Szczecin, Poland EU
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 18:02 Post subject: New Build - 02/06/2021 - r45690
Router: Netgear WNR3500L v2
Kernel: Linux 4.4.255 #6673 Sat Feb 6 18:48:22 +06 2021 mips
Mode: Internet gateway, WIFI AP, Dnsmasq server
Errors: Feb 7 23:32:34 kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address and more small warnings in logs.
Device is updated via ssh. I'm update it from previously beta (Feb 6, 2021). Router working rather good. I don't see any significant problem.