Recommendation - Netgear R6300v2 - Extender?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gman80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:47    Post subject: Recommendation - Netgear R6300v2 - Extender? Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Been reading a lot, too much information everywhere!
Quickly:
Just switch to ATT internet, modem/router included, all good - one side of the house has excellent signal plus Nova Mesh wifi extenders - but the other not so much

i have this router R6300v2, purchased when had comcast, watching youtube on how to turn old routers to repeaters, it looks easy - I can follow instructions

I just want this router to work as an extender or repetear, so I can use it on the other side of the home - connecting an old tv Lan, old laptop lan and tablet wifi
(no, I cannot run a cable)

is it worth it? will it cause problems? is the router good for receiving/sending speed like that? (300mbps with att)

thanks for any input
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 22:59    Post subject: Re: Recommendation - Netgeat R6300v2 - Extender? Reply with quote
gman80 wrote:
I just want this router to work as an extender or repeater, so I can use it on the other side of the home - connecting an old tv Lan, old laptop lan and tablet wifi
(no, I cannot run a cable)

is it worth it? will it cause problems? is the router good for receiving/sending speed like that? (300mbps with att)
I'd suggest using Client Mode (not Bridged, unless you need the upstream side to access it) on the 2.4 GHz radio, then use 5 GHz as normal AP mode. Unless WDS works, which is unlikely.
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: