r8000 experimental - wifi clients don't see each other

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
novasbc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 20:07    Post subject: r8000 experimental - wifi clients don't see each other Reply with quote
I posted my feedback on the latest beta here.

I've noticed for sure on the last two builds, and I believe for a couple of months that when using the experimental driver, wifi clients can't see each other, at least those connected to the same interface.

On my r8000 - this means that clients connected to either of the 5ghz radios can see the 2.4ghz, while 2.4ghz clients can't route traffic to each other.

I haven't gone into enough detail to determine if any of the traffic is going through - and just not making its way back, but before I jump in a bunch more, I was wondering if this is a "known" issue.

I've seen some old posts describing similar behavior, but believe those to be old enough not to be relevent.

I'm trying to get the overall feel for the r8000 - in the past I didn't used to have major issues, but I also used to be on Kong builds, and I assume that's likely the difference.

I could move back to non-experimental, but I have other issues which make that annoying. Overall, the experimental driver seems to have less issues (for what I need it for).

Mark
Sponsor
ZeroLabs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your wi-fi interfaces are not bridged despite being checked. I have the same problem with my r8000. I'm not happy with any of the recent builds and have reverted back to using older kongac builds. They just work.

Also looking into OpenWRT. If I read their notices correctly, it appears that BCM devices are now supported as of v19.07.x. Looking into it now. If you need an older kong build that I know for certain works correctly, pm me.

Navigation

Jump to: