Asus RT-AC3200 firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jpomerantz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 21:29    Post subject: Asus RT-AC3200 firmware Reply with quote
I've spent the better part of the day browsing the entries around the Asus RT-AC3200 and still have a few questions. As there is no hardware specific page for this router some of the info is hard to come by. I'll just list out my questions and hope someone can assist. I've used dd-wrt before on Netgear routers and it seemed more straight forward or maybe I am overthinking it.

1. I know no 30-30-30 for Linksys but also this one? (YES I read Peacock) - someone in one post mentioned not doing it with the reset button but with the WPS button but that doesn't make sense.
2. can someone explain the nvram reset process? Do I use the WPS button?
3. It seems I can find comments on fw up to 01/02/16 r28687 about stability. Anything newer that works well?

I am running Merlin and the transmit power and signal strength really is poor - so much less that my Netgear R7000P on dd-wrt.

Really appreciate any and all responses - thanks

Jay
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peacock thread is ancient news for MIPS routers from a previous era, same for 30/30/30 it's all outdated.

RT-AC3200 is dual core ARM. Factory Hardware Reset and User Manual

I think the reset button on this router is for a recovery mode.

New Build - 01/19/2021 - r45493
jpomerantz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. I am usually a little reticent about the newest builds until more experienced people have loaded it on the hardware.
Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: