Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 20:23 Post subject: New Build - 01/19/2021 - r45493
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. 6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566.Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas(there are a few alternatives, search).
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay (e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25').
• For Broadcom ARM devices missing 5GHz channels, via telnet/ssh: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'nvram reboot'
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
Router: Netgear R7000P
Kernel: Linux 4.4.252 #1871 SMP Tue Jan 19 11:49:40 +07 2021 armv7l
Previous/Reset: r45454 / no
Mode/Status: Gateway AP Unbound JFFS2 / ok
Issues: running well
thanks BrainSlayer and dd-wrt community
TurboQAM option is visible again
Last edited by itwontbewe on Fri Jan 29, 2021 20:54; edited 2 times in total
Joined: 18 Mar 2014 Posts: 7268 Location: Netherlands
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:18 Post subject:
Router Model: Linksys E2000 (converted N320)
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45493 mega (01/19/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.252 #6329 Tue Jan 19 18:48:51 +07 2021 mips
Upgraded: from DD-WRT v3.0-r45130 mega (12/27/20)
Reset: No, not this time
Status: Up and running for 8 hours, basic setup as Gateway, static leases, OpenVPN client (tun) (on Keepsolid) up and running, VPN download speed 5-6 Mb/s, Wifi 2,4GHz working.
OpenVPN server working, WireGuard client working ( speed around 18 Mb/s )
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45493 Community Build (01/20/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.252 #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 11:19:43 CET 2021 armv7l
Upgraded from: DD-WRT v3.0-r45454 Community Build
Reset: No not this time
Status: Up and running for 2 hours, basic setup as Gateway, static leases, OpenVPN client with Policy Based Routing up and running, 2,4GHz and 5Ghz with excellent range and speed, USB storage NAS working, OpenVPN server working, WireGuard server working with 8 clients (phones , windows and two other routers for site-to-site setup).
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 13:19 Post subject: WRT54GL
Router/Version: Linksys WRT54GL 1.1
File/Kernel: 45493, broadcom , dd-wrt.v24_std_special_generic.bin
Previous/Reset: 44715 , no reset
Mode/Status: LAN and AP, router
lost access to GUI web administration and SSH
device isn't pinging back at any IP (pre-flash setting nor default)
yet, it somehow works 'silently' (aka not dead yet)
power LED and WAN activate,
pre-flash AP/LAN settings works (wifi password),
AP/LAN routing works
LAN switching works immediately
note: so far i was unable to figure if i can recover it w/o reset
Last edited by Dwarden on Wed Jan 20, 2021 13:25; edited 2 times in total
Router/Version: TP-Link TL-WR941ND v6/v3
File/Kernel: 45493, tl-wr940ndv3-webflash.bin
Firmware VersionDD-WRT v3.0-r45493 std (01/19/21)
Kernel VersionLinux 3.18.140-d5 #104032 Tue Jan 19 05:43:58 +07 2021 mips
Previous/Reset: 44627 , no reset
Mode/Status: LAN and AP, router
Issues/Errors: took 10 minutes to get back active
after boot back, not problem, works fine 5h
Last edited by Dwarden on Wed Jan 20, 2021 15:38; edited 2 times in total
I have the same router (WRT54GL 1.1) and it appears bricked as well - Flashing power light is all that happens. 30/30/30 no response. you are right, the switch appears to still work, but it's dead as a router. Since this is a spare to me, I might try to recover by shorting it again - it fixed it last time, and I was able to tftp Linksys firmware to it, and then flash DDWRT. _________________ ASUS RT-AC68U (R/AP) Merlin 386.1
ASUS RT-AC68U r45735 Bridge x3
WRT54GL 1.1 r44970-std (VPN/Work)
Linksys E1200v2 r43266 (sleeping)
Router/Version: Asus RT-AC5300
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r45493 std (01/19/21)
Kernal: Linux 4.4.252 #1870 SMP Tue Jan 19 11:41:44 +07 2021 armv7l
Mode/Status: Gateway / working
Issues/Errors: Working well so far.
Upgrade: via web UI, no issues
Temperatures: CPU 60.2 °C / WL0 48.5 °C / WL1 46.0 °C / WL2 52.5 °C