Access to NAS refused after hours of normal functionning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Milax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 17:56    Post subject: Access to NAS refused after hours of normal functionning Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I found at a number of occasions that, after accessing for several hours a hard drive mounted on DIR-882 A1 (R44715) and shared on the network (NAS share), it suddenly starts to refuse access (error 1002 sometines) to connected devices. Everything comes back to normal after a reboot and the credentials remain the same.

I noticed that this happens often following an extensive usage of NAS, like during music metadata syncing with an app on my iphone (long and slow process). May be it's worth noting that DLNA continues to function properly even during access issues to NAS.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance
Sponsor
mono
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I may have the same problem, am also running 44715.

I should mention, with this share on a DIR-882, I have never ran any other DD-WRT than rev. 44715, so I don't know if what I am trying to do worked in prior DD-WRT revisions or not.

However I didn't have extensive access of the samba share. I just set it up, confirmed it worked (copied couple media files and played few seconds of one of them, normal samba access not DLNA), then a few days later it wouldn't take the same login it did previously.

Next, if I go into DD-WRT GUI, remove the share's user/pw, then enter the SAME user/pw, save/apply it, i have access to it again, even from the cached login on the windows client, not having to manually login again.

This failure then enter same user/pw to get it working again has happened more than once, and no router reboots in between, except the first time it happened, I think I may have rebooted the router to see if it made a difference and it didn't.

When I was in the GUI to remove and add back the same user/pw, I saw that it had saved the correct user/pw, had the right one after a reboot, before I removed it and entered same thing in again to get it working.
Milax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, i tried removing the share's user/pw, then entering the same user/pw, and it works. I find this workaround better than rebooting the rooter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: