DD-WRT and ChargePoint Home Flex (CPH50) no Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 23:55    Post subject: DD-WRT and ChargePoint Home Flex (CPH50) no Internet Reply with quote
Hi,

I have Netgear R6700v3 router and I've installed DD-WRT on it. I've successfull installed the lastest firmware and work perfectly.

Since I've installed DD-WRT, my ChargePoint won't connect to Internet. Before I installed DD-WRT, my ChargePoint was able to connect to Internet with the build-in router firmware.
I've tried to setup my ChargePoint again (Reconnect to my new WIFI successfuly but not internet connect)
I've reinstall the original router firmware and now my ChargePoint can connect to Internet.

I'm sure the problem is DD-WRT (Some configuration or something else) but don't know what I can do.

ChargePoint support couldn't help me for now because Christmas holidays and I don't think they could help me anyway.

So
Someone could help me because I need DD-WRT to setup my VPN client on my router.

Thank you everyone
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Smile

To get the best out of DDWRT and the forum read the forum guidelines with helpful pointers:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
If you did not already read them please do !

You are posting in the wrong forum, I will transfer your post to the right forum.

The last build can mean a lot even the old and crappy build 40559.

You have to provide more information not everybody knows how ChargePoint Home Flex works

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, sorry for the wrong forum thread, this was my first post on the forum.
And second, sorry in advance for my english.

To answer to your questions

I've installed the build 12-31-2020-r45219 on my router

ChargePoint Home Flex (CPH50) is an electrical vehicule charger for home. You can check it here https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/home/.
This home charger have a phone application to configure it and to have some statistics about it. If it can't connect to internet, is impossible to configure and have a statistics. But it can charge my vehicule.

I don't have more informations about how it works under the hood.

The only thing I'm sure is with the default router firmware the charger can connect to internet but with DD-WRT it doesn't works. So I presume DD-WRT block something but don't I know what.
I've tried to open all ports but without success.

I have same issue with my old Buffalo router witch it have DD-WRT too but don't know the build number.[url][/url]
CanadaMoose
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry not sure which forum this is supposed to go to. I have a CPH50 and it is a bit tricky to connect it. After some initial trouble it is now working flawlessly using 5GHz channel 161 (40MHz wide).

The CPH50 uses one of the lower 5GHz channels (48?) to allow the initial setup, so you have to make sure your SSID is not using this channel. Have you tried power-cycling the CPH50? If not, just cycle the breaker, I have had mine get "stuck" before. If you continue having trouble with the 5GHz, you could also try to connect it using a 2.4 GHz channel.

If you continue to have trouble, let me know and I'll provide more details about my settings.
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
My CPH50 is always connected to my TP-Link RE650 on 5ghz wifi

My TP-Link is configured as a AccessPoint connected with a cable directly on my router.

When I change my router, the connection of my CPH50 never lost the wifi because is always connected to my TP-Link.

I tried to connect on 2.4ghz and 5ghz on my router and on my TP-Link.

I tried to reboot my CPH50 with the application and with power off the breaker.

Tonight I'll try to setup my router again with 5ghz with on channel 161 and try to connect my CPH50 directly on it.
CanadaMoose
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have other devices connecting to the internet using your access point, then the ChargePoint CPH50 should be able to, as well.
Is it possible that your access point changed channels so that it now overlaps with channel 48? You could also try assigning a fixed channel like 161 on you access point.
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I juste reset my router and install same DD-WRT build as before
Activate wifi 5ghz and force to use channel 161
Connect my ChargePoint on it

ChargePoint have no access to internet
CanadaMoose
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry if some questions seem obvious, sometimes it's the simple things and we need details to be able to help you.

Did you reset after installing dd-wrt?

Are other wireless clients able to access the internet?

Does the CPH50 show as a client on the router? (the MAC address likely starts with 00:24:B1, it shows up with a name like cs_0024b10000...)
If so, did it receive an IP address?
Are you able to ping it from the gateway's command line?

If not, have you double-checked the correct SSID, password, etc. in the CPH50?
Please provide details of your wireless setup. I don't have your router, but my settings are Wireless Mode "AP", Wireless Network Mode "AC/N mixed", SSID Broadcast enabled, Network Config "bridged". Wireless Security is "WPA2-PSK", WPA Algorithm "CCMP-128 (AES)"
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the detailled steps of what I did

1. Install DD-WRT on my router
2. Change the SSID of my 5ghz WIFI to "dd-wrt5ghz"
3. Force channel to 161
4. Connect my CPH50 on WIFI "dd-wrt5ghz"
5. Reboot my CPH50 with braker
6. Ensure with my iPhone if I have Internet if I use this wifi

Q. Did you reset after installing dd-wrt?
A. No

Q. Are other wireless clients able to access the internet?
A. Yes

Q. Does the CPH50 show as a client on the router? (the MAC address likely starts with 00:24:B1, it shows up with a name like cs_0024b10000...)
If so, did it receive an IP address?
A. Yes

I could give you temporary access to my router if you want
CanadaMoose
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your CPH50 receives an IP address and responds to ping, then it's unlikely the CPH50 has issues. More likely, something unexpected is happening on your router.

Please always reset to factory after installing dd-wrt for the first time. Otherwise, you may experience strange behavior. As I have recently experienced, reset to factory may resolve unexpected behavior and should be one of the first steps to take in troubleshooting.

Best practice is to login to the router using a terminal emulation (e.g. putty) and issue the following on the command line: erase nvram && reboot

If you are still having issues afterwards, email me a temporary access and I'll take a look around your config. Sometimes four eyes are better than two Smile
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'll test to reset router tonigh or tomorrow
I know the first time I tried I did it but maybe now it will works.

If it not works, I'll send you an external link to connect to my router.

Thank you for your support
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
CanadaMoose wrote:
Best practice is to login to the router using a terminal emulation (e.g. putty) and issue the following on the command line: erase nvram && reboot

Builds after 35770 use: nvram erase && reboot

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30#Hard_Reset_on_ARM_and_other_newer_routers

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
CanadaMoose
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
Builds after 35770 use: nvram erase && reboot

You are correct, but I used the old command in error and it worked (and resolved my Samba file integrity issue). Seems I got lucky in the end. Do you know if there is a difference between the two versions?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1151897#1151897

<Kong> wrote:
Dr_K wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
No the command is not reversed, but both do different things, only one thing changed, that causes issues if you think, now if you reboot nvram cache from ram is flushed and thir vars are written to nvram flashspace. This will write parts of nvram to flash again.

Thus erasen nvram won't wipe everything unless you press the power button right afterwards. nvram erase clears nvram space, but does not zero out the flash from first to last block.

so which do you recommend? erase nvram + power cycle the rt?

I second that question...as most of us take your recommendations as golden rules

<Kong> Thank You for chiming in to help clear this up for us.....And for all that you do here

nvram erase

clears config, you won't need erase nvram unless nvram paartition is corrupt.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
ioda19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I reset my router with "nvram erase && reboot" and tried to connect my CPH50 again on my 5ghz WIFI
Won't connect to Internet

I also test to plug my other router, witch is work with my CPH50, on my DD-wrt router and connect my CPH50 on this and won't work too. (Modem -> DD-WRT router -> Old modem -> CPH50)
With this configuration all my devices connected to my old router works perfectly.

Seriously I don't have any idea

I could give you my credential and IP to connect on my dd-wrt router, just let me know if you'll welling.

Thank you
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: