Fdisk/Parted Commands In Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
DavidASmith072
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:09    Post subject: Fdisk/Parted Commands In Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std Reply with quote
Hello!

I have a question. Since I updated my Linksys WRT1200AC AC1200 DD-WRT FlashRouter firmware with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20), a "Big Build", I noticed the fdisk and parted Linux commands are missing from the system, yet the /sbin/mke2fs, /sbin/mkfs.ext3, /sbin/mkswap, /sbin/mkfs.ext2 and /sbin/mkfs.ext4 file system format commands exist? I can understand the reason for doing this for security but it makes little sense to include file system formatting commands and no way to create and edit usb hard disk and flash drive partitions on an NSA router?

I need to create an ext4 partition on my usb 3.0 hard disk, which I have plugged into my Linksys WRT1200AC AC1200 DD-WRT FlashRouter but without either the fdisk or parted command, there's no way to create or edit partitions on the storage devices.

David A. Smith
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: