Client & Virtual AP configuration

xavierk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:55    Post subject: Client & Virtual AP configuration Reply with quote
I have a Netgear with DD-WRT installed and configured correctly.

I currently have the 2.4ghz in client mode and uplinked to the host router. The 5ghz serves as my local home network. This seems to have served my need for quite some time, until today. My new Roku device does not seem to support 5ghz and neither does my uplink. So now I am stuck with a Roku that can't connect to my home network. How can I split the 2.4ghz supporting the client mode for my uplink with a virtual AP 2.4ghz for my Roku device? Please let me know if any additional information is neccessary.

Thank you!
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should be able to change client mode to repeater (NOT repeater bridge) to gain the 2.4GHz AP back again. That's all that differentiates client mode from repeater; the latter simply adds back the AP (but as a VAP) that what converted into the wireless client that connects to the remote AP.
xavierk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I had known it was that easy. Thank you for that piece of advice. I was able to do as you suggested and that seemed to resolve my issue. Much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: