[SOLVED] Netgear R7000 PPPoE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
paultranemail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 17:54    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote
Awesome. I will try . That’s right. I use R7000 Netgear that the same as you. The difference is that my isp use Vlan id 35 and Prio 0. So can i ask you some questions ? I have sent pm. Can you check you inbox ?
Sponsor
FonDisp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 19:50    Post subject: Re: Awesome Reply with quote
paultranemail wrote:
Awesome. I will try . That’s right. I use R7000 Netgear that the same as you. The difference is that my isp use Vlan id 35 and Prio 0. So can i ask you some questions ? I have sent pm. Can you check you inbox ?

I will answer you here in case someone else has the same questions as you.

You have to go to the tab "Administration->Commands" and copy paste all of the script there. Remember to change the vlan from 100 to 35, then click "Save Startup". Now do a reboot. Then go to the "Setup->Networking" tab. Under "Port Setup" change "WAN Port Assignment" to "Vlan35" (in my case its "Vlan100"). Do another reboot and you should be connected.

I hope that answers your questions
paultranemail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:04    Post subject: Re: Awesome Reply with quote
I am very appreciated with your help. I have connected to the Internet.
I have a final question. I using the ipVanishVPN. There are 2 method to install VPN in the Ddwrt. 1. Install Flashrouter Privacy app 2. Using DD WRT v3 Router Setup in “Services > VPN ) in dd wrt web interface.
Which install method i can use ? Does this affect your scripts i have enter in the Startup Command ?
FonDisp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool, congrats! Smile

Regarding the VPN, i guess you can use both, although i haven't used the Flashrouter Privacy app before.

Setting up the VPN will not affect the script.
paultranemail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:52    Post subject: Thanks all for your help Reply with quote
FonDisp wrote:
Cool, congrats! Smile

Regarding the VPN, i guess you can use both, although i haven't used the Flashrouter Privacy app before.

Thanks all for your help
Zyxx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm also very grateful for your work on figuring this out.

Since my ISP provided modem does its tagging "somehow" whilst providing PPPoE passthrough I did not have to mess with this.
BUT I had to exchange its transmitters three times (lightning damaged them), no new firmware since years for this ADSL 2+ device.

Guess I can look for a new spare device Cool
paultranemail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:59    Post subject: Re: Thanks all for your help Reply with quote
paultranemail wrote:
FonDisp wrote:
Cool, congrats! Smile

Thanks all for your help

When i run OpenVPN on ddwrt
Can I do the policy routing on the ethernet ?
Like this :
Port 1 - Direct connection
Port 2 - VPN connection
Port 3 - VPN connection
Port 4 - VPN connection
juanj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 14:03    Post subject: Re: [SOLVED] Netgear R7000 PPPoE Reply with quote
FonDisp wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to use my own wifi router instead of the one from my ISPs, so this morning i installed DD-WRT v3.0-r42954 on my netgear R7000. Unfortunately, I cant get it to work, and I would really appreciate it if someone here could help me out.

I found the following PPPoE settings on the ISP router:

https://i.imgur.com/y72W6r0.png

I have set up my R7000 up like this:

https://i.imgur.com/BPLcG79.png

Switch Config:
https://i.imgur.com/cP3VXC8.png

Networking
https://i.imgur.com/rs8p6P0.png

Does that look correct? I suspect i am not setting up the vlan id up correctly since its 100, and the range only goes up to 15 in 'Switch Config' settings, however, i tried to do it in in the 'Networking' settings instead. I am not sure if that is correct though. I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me some pointers since I am new to dd-wrt.

Could you update the screenshots with the final configuration of everything you have modified to make Lowi fiber optics work?
juanj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
FonDisp wrote:
I finally got it working. I can't believe how much time I spent on getting it to work : /

The previous script i posted before is wrong. I mixed up the WLAN port. This is the correct script:

--------------------------------------------------------
# Clear VLAN 0 & 2
echo "" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/0/ports
echo "" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/2/ports

# Configure VLAN 1 with LAN port 1, 2, 3, 4 and CPU port
echo "1 2 3 4 5t*" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/1/ports

# Configure VLAN 100 with WAN port and CPU port (both tagged)
echo "0t 5t" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/100/ports

# Setting up VLAN interfaces ...

# We don't need the vlan2 interface now ...
/sbin/ifconfig vlan2 down
/sbin/vconfig rem vlan2

# Setup vlan100 interface
/sbin/vconfig add eth0 100
/sbin/ifconfig vlan100 up
/sbin/ifconfig vlan100 txqueuelen 0

# Tell DD-WRT PPPoE startup code to use the new WAN interface
/usr/sbin/nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan100

After doing a reboot, i set the "WAN Port Assignment" under the tab Setup/Networking to vlan100. Another reboot and i got a WAN ip Smile

Paul, if you have the same router as i do, then you just need to change the 100 to your vlan id. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

In this link, echo 0 is port 1. In your script echo 1 is port 1. Are you sure?

PD: I've a Linksys EA6400
FonDisp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
juanj wrote:

In this link, echo 0 is port 1. In your script echo 1 is port 1. Are you sure?

PD: I've a Linksys EA6400

Yes, i am sure. That script is all you need. Note that the vlan id might be different for you though. You dont have to change anything else using the web interface, except for the "WAN Port Assignment" which you have to set to "Vlan100" or whatever your vlan id is.
TCB13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
FonDisp wrote:
I finally got it working. I can't believe how much time I spent on getting it to work : /

The previous script i posted before is wrong. I mixed up the WLAN port. This is the correct script:

# Clear VLAN 0 & 2
echo "" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/0/ports
echo "" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/2/ports

# Configure VLAN 1 with LAN port 1, 2, 3, 4 and CPU port
echo "1 2 3 4 5t*" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/1/ports

# Configure VLAN 100 with WAN port and CPU port (both tagged)
echo "0t 5t" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/100/ports

# Setting up VLAN interfaces ...

# We don't need the vlan2 interface now ...
/sbin/ifconfig vlan2 down
/sbin/vconfig rem vlan2

# Setup vlan100 interface
/sbin/vconfig add eth0 100
/sbin/ifconfig vlan100 up
/sbin/ifconfig vlan100 txqueuelen 0

# Tell DD-WRT PPPoE startup code to use the new WAN interface
/usr/sbin/nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan100

After doing a reboot, i set the "WAN Port Assignment" under the tab Setup/Networking to vlan100. Another reboot and i got a WAN ip Smile

Paul, if you have the same router as i do, then you just need to change the 100 to your vlan id. Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Your script does work. I'm also using an R7000 on a ISP that uses VLAN ID 100. I really hope DD-WRT maintainers can create a GUI method to do this.

Under the Switch Config page instead of just a static list of VLANs 1-15 maybe someone can add a (+) button to end to add a new row where it would be possible to specify a VLAN number manually. That would be the best for everyone.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't the place in the Admin UI under Setup>Networking at the very top where it says VLAN tagging what you're looking for? Or does your build not have that section?
WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
TCB13
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
HalfBit wrote:
Isn't the place in the Admin UI under Setup>Networking at the very top where it says VLAN tagging what you're looking for? Or does your build not have that section?

What's the difference between that VLAN option and the ones at "Switch Config"? I've read here on the forum a lot of info about both but it isn't still clear. Mostly warnings telling people not to use the "Setup>Networking" VLAN option. Are you using it with a R7000 and an ISP that requires them?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
TCB13 wrote:
What's the difference between that VLAN option and the ones at "Switch Config"? I've read here on the forum a lot of info about both but it isn't still clear. Mostly warnings telling people not to use the "Setup>Networking" VLAN option. Are you using it with a R7000 and an ISP that requires them?

I don't have an ISP that requires PPPoE or VLAN tagging. That's why I was asking/confirming if that section would help or not.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
johneroute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
FonDisp wrote:
I finally got it working. I can't believe how much time I spent on getting it to work :

I would like to thank FonDisp for posting the working setup. Using what was provided I was able to modify it and get a Netgear R6400 v1 running DD-WRT v3.0-r45735 std (02/11/21) setup and connected to Centurylink (which uses tagged vlan of 201)

At least in my case it seems like the following settings can be set once and left alone:
Code:

nvram set port0vlans="201 16"
nvram set port5vlans="1 201 16"
nvram set vlan201hwname="et0"
nvram set vlan201ports="0t 5t"
nvram commit

and the following is what I have to put into my startup script to keep the setup across restarts
Code:

function setup_vlan201() {
  echo "" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/2/ports && sleep 2
  echo "0t 5t" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/201/ports && sleep 2

vconfig add eth0 201 && sleep 2
  ifconfig vlan201 up
  ifconfig vlan201 txqueuelen 0

nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan201
}

setup_vlan201

The vlan2 interface is still around, and I suspect at some point it could be deleted, but I'm being a bit cautious because I have found there is some setting that if I get it wrong it causes the router to auto-reset it's firmware on-reboot. It appears to freak out of vlan2 isn't around
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: