GUIDE: Update Linksys WRT610N v1 to latest DD-WRT k3 version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
HelloFriend
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 19:15    Post subject: GUIDE: Update Linksys WRT610N v1 to latest DD-WRT k3 version Reply with quote
Hi,

I just flashed a whole interconnected network of old devices and had some problems upgrading
the Linksys WRT610N v1, but got it working with the latest version.

Anyway since the Wiki is a bit incorrect I'll just leave this here in case anyone wants to update their old device to the latest (k3) kernal/version.

Side note:
The nvram command
Code:
nvram show|egrep 'bootnv|pmon'

Returned:
Code:
bootnv_ver=7, pmon_ver=CFE 4.175.64.16 (subsequently called CFE .16)

"How to update the Linksys WRT610N v1 to the latest DD-WRT K3 version"

1. Flash in web gui with reset to defaults
Note: This is the old version 24
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mega_wrt610n.bin

Flash in web gui with reset to defaults
Note: This is version 26
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/09-18-2020-r44406/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-44406_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin

Flash in web gui with reset to defaults
Note: This is the latest 3x version
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/09-18-2020-r44406/linksys-wrt610nv1/linksys-wrt610-k3.x.bin

If it does not boot after 5 minutes, remove power. Hold down reset factory button of device and power on device.
Go to http://192.168.1.1 (I gave my pc a static ip of 192.168.1.10 in my network adapter)
It should give a white recovery page to flash firmware.
Flash the last file again (e.g the ...k3.x.bin).
Now wait a very long time ~5 min.
Kill the power of the device.
Put power back in.
You should now have the latest version running.

Note 1: DHCP might be set to the WAN instead of the LAN, check the services tab, therefore a static ip was needed.

Note 2: Both 2.4 and 5G work Very Happy

Known bugs: I was not able to bridge the WAN port to the LAN ports in Setup -> Switch Config.
Doing this will cause the Wiresless to lose the LAN value after saving.
(I use this as a router/switch + wifi (ap) (without DHCP), so not as gateway).
The workaround for this is to just not use the WAN port and use a LAN port, since my main router handles the DHCP.
Side Note: this is pretty specific instance where the router is not using it's own DHCP.
Sponsor
EarthBoundX5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this! I was having trouble constantly, always having to recover a bricked upgrade; but this order of upgrades worked perfect.

Now K4 anybody...?
kalak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:08    Post subject: Re: GUIDE: Update Linksys WRT610N v1 to latest DD-WRT k3 ver Reply with quote
HelloFriend wrote:

"How to update the Linksys WRT610N v1 to the latest DD-WRT K3 version"

I just used this after dusting off an old router of mine. Thanks for posting this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: