Show Hostname in Active Clients with Pihole as DHCP Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Antimatter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:58    Post subject: Show Hostname in Active Clients with Pihole as DHCP Server Reply with quote
I am running DD-WRT R44483 on a R7000 with DHCP disabled. A Pihole is suppling DNS and DHCP to the R7000.
I have searched and have not found a solution that works in my exact configuration.
The issue is in the Active Clients list in DD-WRT the hostname is a "*".
So is there a way to get the actual Hostname to show up in this list with the DHCP disabled on the router and having it assigned by the Pihole server?

Thanks
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
someone asked this "exact" question:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=333623&sid=1eccd01dfd0672abf03b9c497b9db7a5

but the main thing is that dd-wrt is not using dns, it is only looking at its local information and since that is not filled out (ie your pihole is doing this) it will not populate.
Antimatter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I obviously did not input the correct search inputs to Google as I never found the link you provided.

Thanks for your input and help in providing direction on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: