youtube with VPN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kmer80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:19    Post subject: youtube with VPN Reply with quote
Hello, I have a Lynksys wrt1900 acs v2 modem.
Configured with vpn and latest release dd-wrt.
I also set the restrictions and everything works ok.
But often youtube from the tv does not work with vpn, so I am forced to remove the vpn.
Unfortunately, the problem is sporadic.
How could I solve?

Also how can I send mail with active vpn?
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the Sticky Posts at the top of the Advanced Networking forum, you'll find a thread on Policy Based Routing (PBR) that includes a downloadable (if you are logged in) PDF guide. PBR is the dd-wrt facility for routing the traffic of some clients through the VPN while allowing others to bypass the vpn.

If you create a guest network as a Virtual Access Point (VAP), for example, using my post (3rd in thread) at https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1217070, you can set up PBR so that clients on that VAP have their traffic routed through the VPN while clients on the main network do not. It's a very commonly used approach in the dd-wrt community, and I do it here. I have my TVs bypassing the VPN, but I generally connect computers and phones to a VAP that PBR effectively routes through the VPN.

I suspect these topics have some coverage in the wiki also, but the material there may be old and is unfortunately never dated.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: