Good source for package management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
VA1DER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 23:46    Post subject: Good source for package management Reply with quote
I want to get package management working on an R6700 which has the latest (Oct 13) beta image installed. I haven't needed packages in the past and I was actually a bit surprised to learn package management wasn't included by default.

I see that the now deprecated kong builds have built-in package management. They seem to be about 10 months old now. Is it worth it to to back to a kong build, or to manually add package management to a recent built?

I'm surprised that dd-wrt doesn't have it by default. Is this something the standard builds are going to get in the near future?
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep Kong left and that was sad...but life goes on...
BS builds are much updated and working as Kongs ware in the past..

packages are bound with Entware installation via USB thumb drive (preferred) at least 4Gig ext2,3 or 4 format...
your router is Broadcom based...for more info have a look here... https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_Entware

for your router follow the Broadcom dual-core routers, ARMv7 Entware installation part....

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913

Last edited by Alozaros on Sun Oct 18, 2020 14:06; edited 1 time in total
VA1DER
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:

So you think it's better to go with a recent BS build and install package management separately than to go with an 8 month old kong build?

Alozaros wrote:
your router is Broadcom based...follow the Broadcom Entware installation part

This original R6700 is essentially identical to an R7000 - a dual core ARM9. Confirm I should be following the broadcom instructions, or the dual core insrtructions?

Thank-you very much for the advice.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
VA1DER wrote:
Alozaros wrote:

So you think it's better to go with a recent BS build and install package management separately than to go with an 8 month old kong build?

Alozaros wrote:
your router is Broadcom based...follow the Broadcom Entware installation part

This original R6700 is essentially identical to an R7000 - a dual core ARM9. Confirm I should be following the broadcom instructions, or the dual core instructions?

Thank-you very much for the advice.

no, don't go back to Kong builds, they are more than year old... install the last BS build, it should be fine, than install Entware on it...

For dual-core routers, ARMv7 based, this:

cd /opt (click enter)
wget http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/installer/generic.sh (click enter)
sh generic.sh (click enter)

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ---Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -----DD-WRT 44538 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: