i tried in a 841n v12 tp-link with the latest version
i noticed that not always immediately the router showed the name for the static lease but it needed time or it was lost the name after a while.
The ip address it was always the correct.
it was working until i noticed really high cpu usage 3-8 so i deleted and i done it in the "normal" way one by one.
Now i have to check if i will get again high cpu usage again in the next days to understand if the problem was from that.
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Posts: 651 Location: Helsinki, Finland / nr. Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:41 Post subject:
Just the leases.
They could also be copied to a text file stored at /jffs and called from there in Additional Dnsmasq Options:
Format should be:
I have hostnames and IPs in reverse order on the reserved leases file and it works like that, too. On two different routers. Even with two mac's (ethernet and WiFi) like this:
However, in my experience:
DNSMASQ WILL FAIL if there are leading zeroes in IP addresses (like 192.168.001.100), or characters other than letters, numbers and hyphens in a device name!
It will just totally fail.
The last one is not a static lease, as no IP address is specified. It just gives a name to the device for ease of reading the syslog and the list of DHCP Clients on the status page.
Google the dnsmasq man page for details on what's allowable. It's surprisingly flexible. _________________ 2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
probably the high cpu usage was from the firmware.
i tried to go some firmware back to 44340 that i have a really old TP-Link TL-WR743ND v1 and the 841n v12 bricked
(the TP-Link TL-WR743ND v1 works "great")