New beta Firmware r44467 in a D-Link DIR 878 A1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
chronojunior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 13:50    Post subject: New beta Firmware r44467 in a D-Link DIR 878 A1 Reply with quote
Hello People!

I'm here to ask a help and try to understand what happen to my router.

I have a D-Link DIR-878 ver. A1 on fw 1.20. I read some topics about flashing it with dd wrt, and I did. The build that I flash was the recent one, r44467 (09/24/2020). I flashed in the router via Emergency Flashing, using Firefox (up-to-date). If it is important about this model, I flashed without downgrade the stock fw. I had read about downgrade to 1.04 before flash it, but I only found information about installation problems (not software malfunctions, at least, that I read. I can be mistaken and didn't read the correct information, too).

The flash did go without problem. I could open DD-WRT and start configuring to my needs (I never had used DD-WRT, but I already use Open WRT on another router of mine).

Configuring WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN client (That was my primarily reason to use DD-WRT on this router) and It was ok. Then I noted that Wifi wasn't so good, so I was change the security configuration. After I sucessfully connect a cellphone to WI-FI, the router simply dead. Literally. It was matter of 30 seconds to 1 minute. No leds lit (even power led doesn't light on). I checked if we had a power oscilation here, but no other equipament had restarted. I don't have another power supply to test (I'm working on find one), but test voltage output was ok (I know that power supply can malfunction, but It was just to see if had voltage output).

So, that's it. I tried some recovery procedures (press reset, discconect and connect power supply, hold for some seconds etc.) but none happened. My pc don't find the router as well via ssh.

What I want to know is if this can be some flashing problems, or I have to open it and see how the hardware is, now? I want to know if someone had this issue and guide me before I really open the router and see it myself about the hardware.

(When I find another power supply to test it, I'll update here).

Is there any information that I forgot to mention? I tried my best to describe every important information.

Thank you!

Update 1: No luck in discovery what happened, so I got a new one because I couldn't stay much longer without a router. Like I said before in a reply, probably was a hardware problem that coincided after the installation of dd wrt, but I won't have an opportunity to know what happened.

Last edited by chronojunior on Wed Oct 21, 2020 18:40; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
PhantomR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm really sad to hear that... I also flashed the same DD-WRT version on my DIR878 A1, but I encountered no issue, except for a seemingly slower cable download speed (I've just posted an issue here on the forum about this). I flashed from 1.04, though, but to be honest, I kind of doubt that's the issue in your case.

Did you manage to solve it somehow? Did a different power adapter work?
chronojunior
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought that may be possible my problem isn't related with the installation of dd wrt, but an unluck and coincidence hardware problem.

I didn't have the time to look into this, actually, and I didn't managed to find a new d-link power supply too, so I don't know yet if this is or isn't the problem.

I called a technical support to help me in this issue. If I discovered something, I'll update here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: