Bridge With Virtual AP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
krontab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 19:56    Post subject: Bridge With Virtual AP Reply with quote
Hello All,

I read and reread the instruction on turning a router into a bridge, which I was able to do. My questions is, can you use the same router to create a virtual AP? I connect with devices via Ethernet which is way better and faster IMHO, but I want to be able to connect my phone to a virtual AP hosted on the same router / bridge. There's documentation that states the radio is turned off [I could be wrong about this] when the device is set to be a gateway and not an AP, anyone ever done this successfully. I have created AP's on the other interfaces, the AP will broadcast, but the device states the network cannot be joined, and when it is, there's no network connectivity. Please advice.
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes you can.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=326728

That said, whether are any known issues in creating and managing a virtual AP w/ your particular chipset is another issue entirely. I'm not smart enough when it comes to Marvel to know whether this is or isn't a concern.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: