Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 19:01 Post subject: Issue with USB storage and VLAN??? v44467 and 44340
I made a post for version 44340 about vlans not working, not being about to get IP's or access the internet. I upgraded to 44467 and determined a repeatable (and therefore bug) with both these versions.
I have a r7800 (actually 2 - same problem on both). Here are some up front details that I hope will reduce questions:
1) I always "nvram clear && nvram commit && reboot" both before and after firmware upgrades
2) I do the same between each test so that I can have accurate results
3) I NEVER use a backup of setting and only do all the settings by hand.
The short versions is this:
1) One router
2) Three subnets (one for port 1 and 2, one for port 3 and 4 and one for the VAP on each of the wireless set to a new bridge (br1)
3) Each of the second subnet and the VAP bridge have their own DHCP server running.
At that point - EVERYTHING works perfectly - three separate networks and all working as expected.
Now after a LOT of trial and error I have found that if I enable the "USB" service with "USB storage support" and "Automatic Drive Mount" and then reboot
1) I can completely access the USB stick I have attached
2) The subnet setup for the VLAN no longer functions - no client gets an IP as all.
3) Simply disabling USB support returns the router to working as expected.
The VLan is created in Startup script as follows:
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports "3 4 6"
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 3 set ports "1 2 6t"
swconfig dev switch0 set apply
vconfig add eth1 3
ifconfig eth1.3 192.168.125.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
Can it contain configuration files that messes up dnsmasq?
It is not mounted jffs.
It contains 4 shell scripts (*.sh) that I used to call via cron.
The cron jobs are not set so nothing on the stick is called at all. It's just mounted as /tmp/mnt/sda
But just to be sure I enabled USB again and deleted everything (the 4 shell scripts) from the stick and then rebooted and again the eth1.3 VLAN no longing "works" (the devices do not show up on the Status->Lan page and they are unreachable. Disable USB and all is working again