NETGEAR R6400v2 IPTV not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 16:06    Post subject: NETGEAR R6400v2 IPTV not working Reply with quote
Hello, I've been trying to get IPTV and wifi to work simultaneously for the last couple of days on my R6400v2 router, here's my setup

The current idea of bridging my R6400v2 running dd-wrt on the Sercomm Speedport Plus modem leased by my ISP, using the NETGEAR router as a wifi access point and to route IPTV in route mode.

I followed this guide to setup VLAN tagging for IPTV and Internet but no luck, either wifi would refuse to work and IPTV would suddenly work, or neither would. I live in Croatia and I use Hrvatski Telekom as my ISP.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
What build are you using?

(see forum guidelines in my signature at the bottom where to download latest builds and other useful pointers)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/09-10-2020-r44340/netgear-r6400v2otp/

As suggested to use build number 36995 dated 19 sept 2018 or later according to the official guide.

egc wrote:
What build are you using?

(see forum guidelines in my signature at the bottom where to download latest builds and other useful pointers)
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried assigning ports to certain VLAN interfaces and I couldn't get my IPTV settop box to budge at all with dd-wrt, with stock firmware using bridge kills my wifi entirely and I cannot do anything aside from disabling bridge mode on the router or switch to bridge group, which in turn only enables my wifi and iptv remains broken.

DD-WRT wouldn't even show any signs of life with IPTV and vlan tagging.
My router has a red light glowing for LAN 3 where my settop is connected, like it doesn't recognize it at all or something.
amadeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have almost the exact same setup on my r6700v3, except my DD-wrt router is connected right to the ONT (and set up dd-wrt to send dhcp vendorclass to get IP from the ISP).
What I did was connect STB to the r6700 and enable igmp snooping on the br0 bridge as well as disable multicast filtering in the firewall settings. I also had to rewrite some request with lighttpd to emulate apis of my BOX from the ISP(that i completely replaced in favor of r6700), but it might not be needed in your case, as I see you are running it in bridge mode.
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, now you make me curious and interested myself lol.

Maybe you could help out by chance?

amadeus wrote:
I have almost the exact same setup on my r6700v3, except my DD-wrt router is connected right to the ONT (and set up dd-wrt to send dhcp vendorclass to get IP from the ISP).
What I did was connect STB to the r6700 and enable igmp snooping on the br0 bridge as well as disable multicast filtering in the firewall settings. I also had to rewrite some request with lighttpd to emulate apis of my BOX from the ISP(that i completely replaced in favor of r6700), but it might not be needed in your case, as I see you are running it in bridge mode.
amadeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vixtron wrote:
Hmm, now you make me curious and interested myself lol.

Maybe you could help out by chance?

Sure, first thing you could try is leave all settings on defaults and enable IGMP snooping in networking settings, and disable Multicast Filtering in security-firewall settings, and see if it works.
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't seem to work, I checked today and my ISP has an option for Bridge mode and Route mode, I enabled bridge and all the internet went down, I couldn't enter the PPPoE login details on the Speedport, there was nothing coming through so I had to login to the website and re-enable route mode to fix my internet. In internet tab, I saw "Bridge" and "VLAN ID 100", and that's it, including other instances for IPTV etc..

[/quote]

Sure, first thing you could try is leave all settings on defaults and enable IGMP snooping in networking settings, and disable Multicast Filtering in security-firewall settings, and see if it works.[/quote]
amadeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vixtron wrote:
Didn't seem to work, I checked today and my ISP has an option for Bridge mode and Route mode, I enabled bridge and all the internet went down, I couldn't enter the PPPoE login details on the Speedport, there was nothing coming through so I had to login to the website and re-enable route mode to fix my internet. In internet tab, I saw "Bridge" and "VLAN ID 100", and that's it, including other instances for IPTV etc..

I should have specified that you should do it on your dd-wrt router.

Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I should have specified that you should do it on your dd-wrt router.

I did that.. I have a question, if I set the modem in "bridged mode" is it normal that it cuts off all internet access and removes the PPPoE login in internet options? And I'm starting to belive they put some mac filter on the STB so it can't work over my router.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Configure PPPoE on the dd-wrt router.
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:

it will work by just entering the PPPoE details provided by my ISP? Doesn't that mean that I can connect the netgear on the ont directly?
amadeus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vixtron wrote:
Per Yngve Berg wrote:

it will work by just entering the PPPoE details provided by my ISP? Doesn't that mean that I can connect the netgear on the ont directly?

Yes, your modem isn't needed.

Vixtron wrote:

And I'm starting to belive they put some mac filter on the STB so it can't work over my router.

Clone your modem's MAC address in dd-wrt.
Vixtron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 18:34    Post subject: Re: NETGEAR R6400v2 IPTV not working Reply with quote
I'll probably stick to using a powerline adapter once I buy it for now. I can't figure out what is the possible cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: