Regulatory Mode settings for dd-wrt fw v3.0-r40559/r43266

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
langtu61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 23:16    Post subject: Regulatory Mode settings for dd-wrt fw v3.0-r40559/r43266 Reply with quote
Hi All:
I am new to this forum, I have a question. I need to change the "country code" for my device (LinkSys WRT-3200ACM), and enable 802.11d. I am able to change the country code under "Wireless"\"Basic Settings"\"Advance Settings"\"Regulatory Domain".
Now, I need the router to broadcast the "country code". Where can find the setting for "Regulatory Mode" in the dd-wrt GUI?

thanks,
Kiet
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wireless -> Basic Settings -> in the first wireless interface check the advanced checkbox and then see the expanded list.

If I am not mistaken, this model router's power tables can be hardware baked or locked from the factory (e.g. US model).

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues?q=country

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues?q=region
langtu61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Blkt:
Under Wireless\"Basic Settings"\"Advanced Settings" checkbox checked\
Other than "Regulatory Domain", I do not see the "Regulatory Mode" in here.
With regards to your comments about there maybe a possibility that this feature is locked by the manufacture. This is why I am using dd-wrt fw instead of the LinkSys stock fw. The dd-wrt fw allows to change "Regulatory Domain", but not "Regulatory Mode", so it won't be very useful.

Kiet
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct, the only thing you can do is set the regulatory domain to match the country or region the router was originally manufactured for its intended use.

No open source firmware will circumvent hardware locked or baked in power tables, especially if the wifi driver and/or wifi binary supplied from Marvell enforces the lock. Sorry Sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: