Guest Network (VAP) no Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Bebe1980
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 0:42    Post subject: Guest Network (VAP) no Internet Reply with quote
Hello... new user here.

Router ModelTP-Link TL-WR841ND v11
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r44251 std (08/27/20)
Kernel VersionLinux 3.18.140-d5 #89006 Thu Aug 27 12:48:05 +04 2020 mips

I have two routers - the TPLink is an ap it uses the internet from the main router and it all works ok - I have a wire from the WAN TPLink to the Aztech router Lan port. My CCTV is connected to a Lan port on TPLink and my pc and phone can use the WAP from TPLink and get internet access.

I wanted to share my internet connection with my neighbour so I added a VAP using the guidelines:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Guest_Network#VAP_with_no_WAN

All works ok but no Internet.

I then tried adding firewalls (as described later) but that just made things worse - could not access the WAP etc.

After looking around at the many confusing posts on this subject I decided to restore the working vap with no internet and simply added a bridge myself - thanks to (mrjcd) this post:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1047143#1047143

However whilst my solution works (the VAP now has internet) I am concerned I have simply opened up my entire lan/wifi!

Anyway - this is what I had before I added the NEW bridge:

Current Bridging Table
Bridge Name STP Interface
br0 no ath0 eth0 eth1

And this is how it looks now:
Bridge Name STP Interface
br0 no ath0 ath0.1 eth0 eth1

Anyone assure me this is ok or if not how I can fix it?

Whilst I am at it... the other thing I would like to do is turn the radio off on the ath0.1 from 7pm until 6am.

I cannot see how to do this (automatically) using the gui - only gives the option of turning the radio off/on for everything - so any pointers for this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check this thread and see if anything there is helpful:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=326297

Regarding Radio Scheduling, you should have that option in your Advanced WIFI settings. Just enable it and click on the hours you wish to turn it off.

Netgear R7800 (WDS-AP, WAP, VAP) - DD-WRT r55779
Features in use: multiple VLANs over single trunk port

Linksys EA8500 WDS Station x2 - DD-WRT r55799

Netgear R6400v2 WAP, VAP 2.4ghz only w/VLANs over single trunk port. DD-WRT r55779

OSes: Fedora 38, 9 RPis (2,3,4,5), 20 ESP8266s: Straight from Amiga to Linux in '94, never having owned a Windows PC.

Forum member #248
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: