[SOLVED] VOip Error 403 Tendnet TEW-652BRP with SIP phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Chosex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 15:34    Post subject: [SOLVED] VOip Error 403 Tendnet TEW-652BRP with SIP phone Reply with quote
Hello,

I flashed a Trendnet-TEW652BRP V1.0 with version v3.0-r36247 std ( 06/29/18 ). I'm not arrived to flash it with last version.
The router receives the Wi-Fi from a shared Android connection and exits the internet on the RJ45 port to which I connected the base of a Siemens Gigaset S675IP VoIP telephone.

I have plugged in and configured and I receive and can make calls.

After about 3 to 5 minutes, the handset says it is still identified, but I cannot receive or make a call.
It works again for a few minutes if I reboot the phone.
I have the 403 error

I think it would come from the router since the VoIP telephone works well directly on a box.
Normally port 5060 is open by default.
I am new to router.

An idea ?
Thank you

Last edited by Chosex on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:23; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:24    Post subject: Re: VOip Error 403 Tendnet TEW-652BRP with SIP phone Reply with quote
Chosex wrote:
Hello,

The router receives the Wi-Fi from a shared Android connection and exits the internet on the RJ45 port to which I connected the base of a Siemens Gigaset S675IP VoIP telephone.

After about 3 to 5 minutes, the handset says it is still identified, but I cannot receive or make a call.
It works again for a few minutes if I reboot the phone.
I have the 403 error

I think it would come from the router since the VoIP telephone works well directly on a box.
Normally port 5060 is open by default.
I am new to router.

An idea ?
Thank you

SIP communication is based on events, its not permanent.
Firewall (and the VoIP services) close inactive connections after some time. 2-5 min seem common values.

1. You should assign a fixed IP to the VoIP phone
2. You need to manually create a port forwarding rule for tcp/udp ports used to the fixed IP of your VoIP phone.
If I remember correctly its TCP/UDP 5060 (or 5061) for the event handshake signaling and other port ranges for STUN and audio data.
You should retrive that info from your VoIP provider.
3. Some SIP devices firmware include one option to activate a repetitive reconnection to the SIP service every 1,2,3,4 or 5 min, some sort of signaling the network and VoIP service that the client connections are still in use.

Another option is using uPnP client on the VoIP device (if exists) to request the nessesary forwards by uPnP service on the router (need to be enabled). I did not use it on dd-wrt, so I can't comment if that's working on your build.

I assume we have some members (VoIP Guru's) here that are able to create a more precise and detailed description.
Chosex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks you are 100% right.

I have trying to assign a fixed IP to the VoIP phone and create a port forwarding but the phone don't arrived to connect.

I have put the reconnection in the phone at 120s (old value was 1800s) and is ok.

Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: