WRT610N Temperatures and wl1 interface.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gass4ddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 22:47    Post subject: WRT610N Temperatures and wl1 interface. Reply with quote
Hi!!

I've flashed r36330_mega on a WRT610Nv2 and I'm a bit concerned about it's working temperature.

I started looking at this since I had to remove r40559 because the router stopped working after a couple of minutes (configured as a 2.5Ghz Bridge) and I thought it was overheating because it seemed more than warm to the touch.

Now on r36330 it keeps working uninterrupted so far, but comparing wl0 and wl1 temperatures to other DDWRT routers I have, it looks like they are a bit high.

My readings:
WL0 59.0 °C / WL1 68.9 °C (WL1 radio OFF)
WL0 59.0 °C / WL1 65.1 °C (WL1 radio ON)

Also, as you can see, it's a bit weird that WL1 temperature is higher (3 degrees) when it's turned OFF... huh??

Anyone has an observation about this?? Do I have to be concerned on this working temperatures?? How can I make WL1 work cooler when it's OFF??... I don't need the 5Ghz in my setup.

Best regards, looking forward to your comments.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: