Feature Request

^x3I*I$3%lb7T9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 15:00    Post subject: Feature Request Reply with quote
If this is the wrong area to post feature requests, I apologize. Please point me in the right direction.

It would be handy to see either IP Addresses or Host Names in this section. Much of my network are static IP's assigned in pfSense, but I occasionally check link speeds in DDWRT. With either column, I dont need to cross-reference MAC addresses to pfSense static IP's. It's only a minor annoyance but others may consider it useful. Thanks for considering.

Screenshot_2020-08-20_10-43-06.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.93 KB
 Viewed:  882 Time(s)

Screenshot_2020-08-20_10-43-06.png

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the information displayed on the LAN status page? I personally don't see a need for the redundancy, but I understand that going back and forth might not be ideal. There are also feature requests that date back quite some time that I have no idea if they were ever addressed.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
^x3I*I$3%lb7T9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is my LAN Status page. It's pretty bare as DHCP is handled by pfSense. My first screenshot is at the bottom of my login page which is Status/Sys-Info.

As for feature requests, I found this link from DDG: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Feature_requests. Next I tried to pick the best location.

Screenshot_2020-08-20_13-10-28export.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.67 KB
 Viewed:  864 Time(s)

Screenshot_2020-08-20_13-10-28export.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I misread something. So, this information is not available on your pfSense webUI anywhere? Is it also not on the wireless status pages for each radio?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
^x3I*I$3%lb7T9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let me take a step back to explain my network. It is: ISP Modem -> pfSense -> DDWRT -> clients. Most pfSense boxes do not do anything wireless, inculding mine. It mostly directs/filters/blocks traffic from entering/exiting the WAN. DDWRT is only responsible for WLAN traffic. I upstream much of DDWRT's capabilities to pfSense as its on much more powerful hw, however pfSense doesnt have a wireless signal strength section (that I'm aware of).

For this I use DDWRT and cross-reference the MAC address in my first screenshot to the Static IP's in this posts screenshot. I would prefer to only pull up DDWRT instead of both pfSense & DDWRT for troubleshooting.

To make my feature request hopefully more clear, I would like to add an IP address column (or host name column) to the first screenshot. I feel the IP address column in the same table as the client signal quality helps people who do static addresses, as they are easier to remember than MAC addresses, since I manually assigned them.

Lastly, and very importantly, I hope this doesnt come off as talking down. That isnt my intent. (I edited some verbiage & believe I removed most of the potentially negative tone.) I'm aware its called a feature request, and they can be denied. If it was added it would make my life a bit simpler so I figured it may help others too. I was also hoping it wasn't much work for someone (BrainSlayer) to add, however I don't code so I'm not sure.

Screenshot_2020-08-20_14-11-16export.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.61 KB
 Viewed:  848 Time(s)

Screenshot_2020-08-20_14-11-16export.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see I missed one of your questions... I just double-checked each DDWRT tab & sub-tab and I see the wireless client signal strength on both Status/Wireless & Status/Sys-Info, like you mentioned.

It appears the table to consider modifying is actually the Status/Wireless one, not the one I originally mentioned which was Status/Sys-Info. It appears the Status/Sys-Info is a dashboard only pulling data from other tabs.

Basically if I had a magic wand, I would change the table to have the following headings: IP Ad/MAC Ad/Host Name(editable)/Interface/TX/RX/Signal/Noise/SNR/Quality. I feel these headings are extremely straight-forward for troubleshooting purposes. Radioname, Uptime, & Info may be important to some people but I personally dont get much info from them.

Navigation

Jump to: