TP-Link Archer C9 (EU) V5 DD-WRT Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
nicola1970
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:01    Post subject: archer c9 v5 - donation has been done Reply with quote
Hi!

Dear panic 69, i kindly ask update ticket 7078 with the info that archer c9 v5 has been donated and arrived to destination in Germany.
Thankyou,
Sponsor
nicola1970
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16    Post subject: dd-wrt for archer c9 v5 Reply with quote
Does somebody have any update when the archer c9 v5 dd-wrt firmware will be ready? Can I support in some way?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
The last update I got on 6/29 was:

Quote:
i received a v5 last week. working on breaking the firmware format right now. status is that i found out how the fw format works, but its complicated since it forced me to use jffs2 filesystem since the cfe bootloader loads the kernel from jffs2 filesystem

Please be patient. Device support does not happen overnight.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
liv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news?
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
liv wrote:
Any news?

More patience....

It usually happens over several months time frame.
BS is the only one doing any of this work these days, afaik...

Asking two weeks later for an update is not going to help nor bolster a faster turn around. I would check back in 2 months time.

Also, keep an eye out on the beta builds ftp site as well as the SVN. You might get hints there he's working on stuff.

Alternatively, you can PM BS and offer up to test things out, but be prepared to do your homework to demonstrate you can help BS, and not just ask for a file...

[R9000]44374 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]taking a nap
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare here napping)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS doesn't respond to PMs, does he? If he does, he's very selective. There's still one in my outbox from months ago Laughing I wasn't going to respond to this thread, especially after I previously had said that if people started bumping it like adolescents that it would get locked. It could be month(s), it could be next year. There's device threads that I would've locked in the first 5 pages had I been around then. If you want it faster, set up a development environment and dig in and try not to brick your router into unrecoverable status Twisted Evil

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: