TP-Link WDR3600 SNMP and Network Monitoring Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 14:49    Post subject: SNMP and Network Monitoring Tools Reply with quote
Hello msantos2007,

I wanted to ask you if you have are using any of the SNMP features of the r34929M firmware, or of you familiar with the YAMon! tool/plugin for DD-WRT.

Now, after getting the MiniDLAN and Transmission working, I would like to get some SNMP features on the router. I saw that the firmware r34929M has an SNMP feature under the "services" tab in the router interface.

I'm looking to get the router to make some reports regarding the bandwidth usage regarding each of the devices that are connecting to the router. I've read up on YAMon! plugin and it looks like it can do exactly what I would like, but the site warns that it may not be compatible with older versions of DD-WRT firmware. So, I just wanted your input on this, and also if you had any suggestion regarding how to use SNMP to get these reports that I'd like.

Looking forward to your input.
Sponsor
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm afraid to say no, I don't use or know any of them.

The only thing I can tell: please check if YAMon! is old as 34949M build.

Best Regards.
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:25    Post subject: Re: SNMP and Network Monitoring Tools Reply with quote
Last build with snmp option included in dd-wrt & WebUI is r39137.
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:29    Post subject: YAMon 4.0.7 Reply with quote
Thanks for telling me about YAMon, it is a great tool and I've installed it on my TP-Link TL-WDR3600 running r34929M firmware. The installation works fine and the report pages load correctly and shows the traffic for all connected devices.

But once the router is rebooted, the report page stay blank. I checked the help section on the Yamon website and it says to check the symlink folders in /tmp/www/ and this is where my problem lies. The symlink folders are not there in the directory after router reboot.

It seems that the tmp folder gets wiped clean every time the router reboots and YAMon does not run on system reboot to reload those files in the /tmp/www/ directory for the report pages to work

I've looked around and found no answers on how to restore these symlink files back to /tmp/www/ Also, how to get Yamon running again after rebooting the router. Looking forward to some help with this issue.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40    Post subject: It's related to mount -o bind Reply with quote
anchit02,

After installation, you might have to copy /tmp/www/ to sda1 or sda2 (optware) and add "mount" command to bind it back to /tmp/www/ on Startup Command section.

It's something like that.
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 17:07    Post subject: Statup Command for YAMon 4.0.7 Reply with quote
Hello msantos2007,
My apologies for the delay, I've been trying to figure stuff out with YAMon and how to get it restarted manually after a reboot. So far what has worked for me is running the program called "start.sh" using Putty after the software reboot. The "start.sh" is located in \opt\YAMon4

The commands I used in Putty to get YAMon running again is as follows:
Code:
cd /opt/YAMon4
./start.sh

So, now I need to figure out how to write the start up command to run "start.sh" along with the other stuff (Minidlan & transmission daemon)

At present, the startup commands that are saved are as follows:
Code:
#! /bin/sh
sleep 10
/opt/sbin/minidlnad
sleep 120
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/sda2/transmission-daemon/

So, in order to get YAMon working and to run the "start.sh" will the following code work?

Code:
#! /bin/sh
sleep 10
/opt/sbin/minidlnad
sleep 120
sleep 120
/opt/YAMon4/start.sh
[/code]
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 17:48    Post subject: I'm not sure Reply with quote
If you're sure "/opt/YAMon4/start.sh" bash file is on that directory and that directory is mounted (accessible), please try to replace it with:

Quote:

... (previous Startup Command)...
sh /opt/YAMon4/start.sh &

Then:

Quote:

#! /bin/sh
sleep 10
/opt/sbin/minidlnad
sleep 120
sleep 120
sh /opt/YAMon4/start.sh &
anchit02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great! It works now. After router reboot, YAMon report pages work. I checked on putty and the symlink files are created in the correct director (/tmp/www) once start.sh is run using your start up command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: