E4200 is not presenting WebGUI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ozziegt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 23:18    Post subject: E4200 is not presenting WebGUI Reply with quote
I have an Linksys E4200 v1. I followed the instructions on this wiki page to install build 21676. I installed what's on the link there (dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e4200.bin). I was able to successfully install the firmware and get dd-wrt working. I played around with some settings including changing the IP of the router to 192.168.1.210. I wanted to take it back to default settings so I did a 30/30/30 reset.

Now I cannot get to the WebGUI. I can ping 192.168.1.1 and I get a TTL of 64. However, as soon as I browse to 192.168.1.1 in the browser, the pings start timing out. Also the dd-wrt SSID is showing up but I cannot connect to it. A power cycle will get it back up and running again. I can actually telnet and log in to the router. I tried doing an nvram reset from telnet as well but it didn't make any difference.

What else can I do to get this thing up and running again?
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess when the other one I have coming in from Canada arrives, I will see what is the newest initial flash version is and edit the wiki. This is getting tiring explaining what browser to use, and what path to upgrade firmware through. You probably don't want to stay on K2.6 if you upgrade to any builds from this year.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ozziegt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I'm kind of confused as to which build I should use. The E4200 wiki says the E4200 works well with builds >32xxx but doesn't mention a specific build. The peacock page looks to be out of date as it doesn't even mention 32xxx builds. Just pointing me to a stable build that I can use would be greatly appreciated!

I don't care about using a recent build. I just want to get this hardware running in a stable fashion so I can use it as a client bridge.

Also how will I get this fimrware onto the router? TFTP flash?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firefox ESR 52 portable on Windows, or IE. There is a sticky at the top of this forum for minimum recommended builds. I'm not going to keep posting how-to's for people who don't search and read. You may find one of my posts if you look hard enough.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ozziegt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been reading a lot. The E4200 page says to use K3X mega builds > 32xxx. The peacock page says to use K26 builds. The E4200 build thread was locked in 2011 so is obviously out of date. Besides those sources I can't really find any information on what is the best build for the E4200. There are 4 sticky's at the top of this forum, none of which have relevant information as to which build I should use. Sounds like you have no desire to help so I will figure it out on my own.

I wasn't asking for instructions I was asking if TFTP is the proper way to do it. I assumed it is just because that seems to be the only way without the GUI available. Was just looking for confirmation that this is the way to go.

Last edited by ozziegt on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:00; edited 1 time in total
ozziegt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the link in your signature so your comment about Firefox is a bit more clear. I will try that.
ozziegt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Turns out the issue was probably a bad ethernet adapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: