TP WR841ND v11 - Wifi disconnects after 5 mins of Torrenting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
blackdemon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 15:30    Post subject: TP WR841ND v11 - Wifi disconnects after 5 mins of Torrenting Reply with quote
I hope this is the right place to post.
Below are my router details :-

Router Model - TP-Link TL-WR841ND v11
Firmware Version - DD-WRT v3.0-r43845 std (07/18/20)
CPU - Qualcomm Atheros QCA9533 ver 2

Everything works flawlessly except P2P downloading.

As soon as I start torrent downloads, after 5-10 minutes the router disconnects wifi connection.
Wifi ssid broadcast is visible but router won't let my any device connect to it.

At the same time, if I plug an ethernet cable, I am able to connect to internet.

The issue is with wifi.
Dropping all connections when p2p starts.

I assumed it must be heating up, so I added some thermal paste and heatsink to the chips, no luck there.
Been to QcA standard wireless settings webpage and configured for 2.4Ghz.
Haven't touched any advanced wifi settings like Tx power, etc.

Any help would be highly appreciated, tried lots of different settings and tinkered a lot, did reset a lot,
even upgraded to latest firmware.
Please let me know my mistake, if any.

Thank you all.

Last edited by blackdemon on Wed Jul 22, 2020 17:16; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please refer to the sticky about wireless settings in this forum, if you have not read it already.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
blackdemon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Please refer to the sticky about wireless settings in this forum, if you have not read it already.

I have already read and tinkered with the https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Atheros/ath_wireless_settings

Please paste the link if there are more.

Thank you for your help.
blackdemon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also,
Just downgraded to r40750 from r43845 as mentioned here :- https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

Ran torrent software, YouTube and YouTube on mobile.

Wifi dropped all connections. Only LAN works.

After reboot, wifi connects normally.

Help would be highly appreciated!
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
blackdemon wrote:

Also,
Just downgraded to r40750 from r43845 as mentioned here :- https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

Ran torrent software, YouTube and YouTube on mobile.

Wifi dropped all connections. Only LAN works.

After reboot, wifi connects normally.

Help would be highly appreciated!

Did you reset all settings after downgrade and manually recreate your setup (no config import from other version) ?

Is your device running as gateway or router ?

Disconnect all wifi devices except a single torrent client device, you should do tests with that client only. This avoids some influence from other devices during test.

If you still see the WLAN but cannot connect to it, check your Security settings are WPA2 personal with AES CCMP-128-bit. If your client gets disconnected, change the security settings to something different via LAN, save that and rechange it to the previous WPA-2 CCMP 128 bit setting and save and apply that. Are you able to connect again without rebooting ?

Is there a difference with SFE enabled and disabled ?

P2P multiple parallel download may crash the interface buffer. Is it possible to limit your P2P client to 2 parallel downloads to check if this makes WLAN more stable ? If yes, increase limit until WLAN crashes.

Last edited by servicetech on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not much matters here. It's expectation of Ferrari performance out of a Ford Pinto. 4MB flash, 32MB ram, 650MHz processor.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Not much matters here... 4MB flash, 32MB ram, 650MHz processor.

Yes. Low end hardware, but heavy wlan usage on one client should not disconnect all wlan clients permanently until reboot. The hardware should be ok for <= 10 wlan clients and something around 80 Mbit/s throughput on WLAN (shared on clients) without QoS or anything other CPU intensitive service running. There is not much help possible without any info on device setup mode (Gateway,Router) or internet connectivity (modem, upstream router...)
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
smells like faulty radio...those cheap routers are famous with...
the only thing that comes to my mind is to change TCP congestion control to Vegas at least that one works for me...
other things to try a very old build or check Power Supply unit, or capacitors around the radio chip..

not bad to revise your WIFI settings do not use Auto channel, and use NG-mixed, make sure you dont have a bottle neck device that is on b class or legacy device..

if it keeps causing you a troubles, it might be that time...to put it in the frame on the wall...
Rolling Eyes

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 44048 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43886 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -------DD-WRT 43886 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -------DD-WRT 43886 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: