Port Forwarding Sourcenet

LunchBoxSteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 0:50    Post subject: Port Forwarding Sourcenet Reply with quote
With Port forwarding setup and specifying an IP Address in Sourcenet to restrict port forwards to that IP only.

Is it possible to specify a dynamic dns name in that box instead of an IP so that as the IP address of the person I want to restrict access to, changes it would allow them and only them to access the port forward because it resolves their name to their current IP Address?

If not is this something maybe we can update in future builds, it would be quite handy for locking down router port forward access to only authorized folks.

I do this currently in my PFSense router setup using an Alias in the firewall rules that looks at their dynamic dns for their current IP to apply the rule to for various ports I want open for friends to access certain things but not the rest of the world to know exists like my FTP server for example.

Thanks. Smile
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Probably not, because iptables will do that dns lookup once and then never again.

You can script something up to do that though.
LunchBoxSteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not that well versed I'm afraid, but thank you for answering the question...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: