Linksys E4200 DHCP Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
duceduc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 21:18    Post subject: Linksys E4200 DHCP Issue Reply with quote
I have a Broadlink RM3 mini (IoT remote). Upon setting up for the first time, my router (Linysys E4200) assigned an ip address. I assigned it a fixed ip address via its mac address afterwards. Things have been good for a week until yesterday when I realize the Broadlink wasn't responding to my commands. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, I noticed ddwrt had given it a different ip address. Possibly the one that was assigned the first time it detected it.

I have tried rebooting the router a few times while the Broadlink was unplug. It still assigned it's own ip address and not the one I specifically ask for. So I gave in and reconfigure for that ip address. A day later, ddwrt is using the ip address I ask for.

So, what is going on with my router and how can I fix this? I have many other devices I assigned a fix ip address too and never had any issue. Just this Broadlink.

Linksys E4200 (DDWRT Build 42681)
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: