TP-Link Archer C9 (EU) V5 DD-WRT Support (NO GO)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
dngh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 19:07    Post subject: Dumps and Pics Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay, had some work come up over the weekend.
I've also have dumps of the other mtd blocks. Pics have come in at around 2MB each so still working on uploading without further lossy compression.

Edit: This is from a US model Archer C9 v5 btw

ArcherC9v5-Misc.zip
 Description:
Miscellaneous from proc and etc.

Download
 Filename:  ArcherC9v5-Misc.zip
 Filesize:  9.26 KB
 Downloaded:  247 Time(s)

ArcherC9v5-NVRAM_Bootlog_CFE.zip
 Description:
If I understand the partitioning, mtd0 is the CFE and mtd1 is nvram. This nvram is dumped from the FS and not from dev.

Download
 Filename:  ArcherC9v5-NVRAM_Bootlog_CFE.zip
 Filesize:  131.82 KB
 Downloaded:  238 Time(s)

Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Official request made: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7078
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
airspeed400
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 22:13    Post subject: GoFundMe Campaign to Donate TP-Link Archer C9 v5 to DD-WRT Reply with quote
Wait, does this mean you don't need the donor unit anymore?

kernel-panic69 wrote:
Official request made: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7078

GoFundMe goal reduced $30! Moving closer to buying a donor TP-Link Archer C9 v5 unit, please help to get DD-WRT on our v5 devices! Every $5 helps!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ddwrt-upgrade-for-tplink-archer-c9-v5
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as I know, no donor unit has been sent to BrainSlayer or acquired by anyone doing Community Builds.
airspeed400 wrote:
I wasn't asking if a TP-Link Archer C9 v5 was already sent to BrainSlayer, I was asking if he still needs one sent? Your comments make it sound like there's enough info already...it's not clear if you still need the TP-Link Archer C9 v5 or is there enough information from the submissions? Please let me know because I am still working to procure one!

I just sent a two-fold email, reply regarding another issue and inquired about adding support and if a donation unit was needed. Again, as far as I know, the developer does NOT have this router in hand already to work with. Which likely means he still needs one. I will update the ticket and thread when I get a reply. Device support doesn't happen overnight, it is strictly dependent on when and if the developer decides to work on it. BE PATIENT.
airspeed400 wrote:
I asked you in the forum a while back and didn't get a response.

Not a question of patience, I haven't been able to determine if the donor unit is still needed. I'm running the GoFundMe and trying to find a v5 unit, and would feel pretty silly if it wasn't necessary anymore...

When you created the ticket, you said, "since no one's submitted a donor unit..."

Does what you said mean you don't need the donor unit anymore, now that you have the data? I still don't know?

I don't know, either! How difficult was this to comprehend and grasp from my initial reply?

NOTE: Since you want to PM me and pester me about this, I figured I would transcribe the pertinent parts from the PMs to this thread. Keep the conversation here in this thread and public from this point forward, or I will lock the thread until I get an update from the developer.

----------------------
akensim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am a firmware engineer and would like to volunteer my time to aid in this effort. Please let me know how I can be of assistance and I'll be happy to jump in.
airspeed400
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 22:44    Post subject: GoFundMe Campaign to Donate TP-Link Archer C9 v5 to DD-WRT Reply with quote
$30 donated to the GoFundMe in the last 24 hours! We have $65 toward the $100 goal! Keep up the donations (GoFundMe keeps 9%), I will find the v5 unit and send it to BrainSlayer in Deutschland!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ddwrt-upgrade-for-tplink-archer-c9-v5

There's already a "ticket" on porting DD-WRT to the TP-Link Archer C9 v5, this is the last hurdle!

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7078#no1

Thanks to everyone who has already donated! Home stretch!
marcevm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
done.
Only 20 left
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would consider adjusting the goal posts again to add shipping costs. Looks like it's not going to be cheap. Also, if gofundme is keeping 9% on top of the tips each donator has contributed (if they didn't put 0 for the tip), that is complete @#$%^&*! @#$%^&*!. A paypal account would've been easier and cheaper to do, if you do it right. Remind me not to use gofundme for anything if that is the case.

----------------------
marcevm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would have thought about buying online at a store in Deutschland and sending it directly, and not buying in the USA to send it.

I don't know if it was possible.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot seem to find any web presence for a store in Deutschland, and not sure if Amazon or eBay would ship properly and directly to Dresden. Makes me wonder if a week vacation and air travel, etc. would be easier Cool Twisted Evil

----------------------
Zyxx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
It should be possible to login with your amazon.com data into amazon.de.
I do it on a regular base to login with my amazon.de into .fr to order things, which aren't available here / cost twice as much.

Also currently there is one Archer C9 listed in used condition at ~74€.
Screenshot taken a minute ago:
https://i.imgur.com/wjnjZOP.jpg
airspeed400
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 23:22    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C9 v5 GoFundMe Campaign Complete! Reply with quote
With regard to ordering in Germany to 'simplify' shipping... I have had three units shipped to me, ALL labeled as v 5.0 units. I have had to return two (a 1.0 and a 3.0). I think receiving the router first and verifying/testing it was unfortunately necessary.

22.06.2020 - The 3rd (and finally correct) v 5.0 router was delivered to me. Total cost so far (including shipping to me): $59.99.

I did increase the GoFundMe goal $20 more that same day to be sure shipping to Germany was covered (someone suggested the same later, above.)

23.06.2020 - The GoFundMe campaign reached 100% of the $120 goal, 6.15% fees left $112.62.

I tested the Archer C9 router on N and AC bands, connected to my Arris SB6183 cable modem / iPhone XR, internet connection was good!

I boxed the router & went to FedEx: they wanted $138 for shipping the 2.15 pound box. Next: UPS wanted $160! Did not ship, went home to regroup.

24.06.2020 - (today) I returned to FedEx with my airline ID and received a 75% discount on shipping the router to DD-WRT / BrainSlayer in Deutschland, this time for only $37.80! (A lot more reasonable than $138, no?) Scheduled arrival date: 29.06.2020. Done!

25.06.2020 - Paid $15 surplus GoFundMe proceeds to the DD-WRT Development Fund.

26.06.2020 - Only THREE days after the GoFundMe campaign reached its goal, the TP-Link Archer C9 v 5.0 WiFi Router was delivered to DD-WRT in Bensheim, Deutschland at 09:18.

BAM!

FINAL ACCOUNTING:
-------------------------------------------------------
GoFundMe Goal Achieved: $120.00+
GoFundMe Fee (6.15%) $7.38-
Archer C9 v 5.0 router: $59.99-
FedEx ship to Deutschland: $37.80-
-------------------------------------------------------
Donation to DD-WRT General Fund: $14.83 ($15)

At first, no one seemed to want to make this happen; there were many naysayers. I thought GoFundMe might work, and with all of your help, we did it together! (Airline ID helped!!)

Now, we just need to wait for the process of DD-WRT to be ported to the TP-Link Archer C9 v 5.0 units!

Patience, gras-hoppahs!

Thanks to all who participated / donated.

GO, DD-WRT!

Cheers!
Airspeed400

Last edited by airspeed400 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 16:00; edited 7 times in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fair warning: If people start bumping this thread like pimple-faced adolescents, I will lock it. I will leave this open until we get initial firmware images to test, but I will say that the wait may be a while. So, please be patient. Also, FYI, all of the other threads about this device are now locked. Not going to have a half-dozen threads of crap running amok. Thank you, please return your tray to the upright position, and hang on. Going to link the other threads here for preservation purposes.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=325138

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1174609

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1200377

----------------------
nicola1970
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:01    Post subject: archer c9 v5 - donation has been done Reply with quote
Hi!

Dear panic 69, i kindly ask update ticket 7078 with the info that archer c9 v5 has been donated and arrived to destination in Germany.
Thankyou,
nicola1970
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16    Post subject: dd-wrt for archer c9 v5 Reply with quote
Does somebody have any update when the archer c9 v5 dd-wrt firmware will be ready? Can I support in some way?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: