Intelbras WRN 240 Slim (Broadcom) with DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 18:17    Post subject: Intelbras WRN 240 Slim (Broadcom) with DD-WRT Reply with quote
REF: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=160263

Topic was split due to the Slim version being Broadcom hardware.

mathepro wrote:
when i try to upload the file via oem gui (10.0.0.1) it doesnt work, the light blinks 2 times and the conection with the computer is cut before finish to upload the file, like a protection system or something. Do i need to upload the tp link firmware first? If yes, what firmware of TP-link works on that thing Sad

I'm having the same problem, I've already downloaded the indicated firmware file but when I try to install it doesn't even reach 70% the installation is interrupted, I'm doing this process through the integbras update page, ie 10.0.0.1, I even tried to change the address by typing http://tplinkwifi.net but I was directed to the address 10.0.0.1 that is the page of intebras, as I understand this router is a version of the tp-link WR743 v1 will it be necessary to install this firmware first and then install ddwrt? will it be if he accepts to install this tp-link first? if anyone knows the answer help me there.
Sponsor
ltra.prof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 18:42    Post subject: Installation Reply with quote
Hello,

I don't know if this can help, but...

I installed DD-WRT onto this router (WRN240 v.1, this version is important; WRN240 v.2 isn't capable of running DD-WRT) some time ago, let's say, around 2015. What I did was to follow the guidelines, that is, upload a DD-WRT image in the "Upload Firmware" option of the Intelbras firmware.

The image I uploaded was NOT the one designed for TP-Link WR743ND v.1, but the one which is in one of the first posts of this thread, much probably designed specially for Intelbras routers. I supposed one of the gurus made some kind ot tweak in this image to make it able to be installed in the Intelbras version.

Much likely there is some kind of signature that prevents images built for TP-Link to be installed in Intelbras.

That said, that image is now quite old (DD-WRT v2.4, probably).

I could recently upgrade it to DD-WRT v3.0 (for TP_Link WR743ND v.1), from DD-WRT v2.4, but I thought first this option wouldn't be available.

So my advice would be to upgrade your router to the latest firmware from Intelbras (it is also in one email above), download the special image designed to this router (also in one email above) and install it onto the router using Intelbras upload page.

Notice that when you are not logged in, these attachments don't appear in the posts. I'm pretty sure this is not your case.

Good luck, and take care!

Luiz Ramos
São Paulo - Brazil
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 20:56    Post subject: Re: Installation Reply with quote
@ltra.prof:

Thanks friend for the quick response, I did the firmware update on the iltelbras page, I tested 3 files that intelbras offers on the page for the wrn 240 slim v1 but I was not successful, remembering that the firmaware dd wrt used was what LOM posted on 2012, but unfortunately all the tests failed, it is good to remember that the updates that with intelbras firmwares worked perfectly but do not update to dd-wrt the intelbras used were WRN 240 Slim - Firmware 1.7, WRN 240 Slim - Firmware and WRN 240 Slim - Firmware 2.1, maybe it would work if I found the old firmware used by this router, that is the one used in 2012 that was the period of posting here on the forum, but I don't know if I can find it on the internet, maybe not, since I read some complaints posts about the said firmware and I think it was removed from use but who knows if I test it to work
ltra.prof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:27    Post subject: Re: Installation Reply with quote
@Valdemir:

Hello,

I don't know if I understood very well, but I'm telling about WRN 240 (no version, not slim). For this router you may find the latest version of the firmware delivered by Intelbras in a post above (by adrianojp2000, Wed Jul 24, 2013 13:17).

I have also a version of this file I collected from Intelbras download site years ago, and it matches the one quoted above. So you can download it from this forum regardless of what Intelbras did with the file.

To double-check, in my case the router is labeled simply "WRN240", without any version, and without any "slim" label. We do know that this is what we call "v1" because I have also a WRN240 v2, which is labeled "WRN240 v2.0". This model has less RAM and flash, and so it's not capable of running anything decent (this was discussed earlier in this thread). These are the only two WRN240 models I'm aware of.

So I can suspect that Intelbras could have another WRN240 model out of these two ones, which could be what you call "slim". In this case we could be talking about different models and much likely the dd-wrt image posted above doesn't work as you reported.

I don't know if you had already opened the router. If you did, you may find that the pictures of WR743ND v1.1 and v1.2 of this URL (https://oldwiki.archive.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr743nd) match very closer (my) Intelbras WRN240 (v1).

You may also try to check the MCU (AR7240 in my case), flash (4 MBytes) and RAM (32 MBytes) of the router in order to make sure we're talking about the same model.

Hope it helps,

Luiz
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 18:28    Post subject: Re: Installation Reply with quote
@ltra.prof:

Good afternoon friend, thanks again for the help, I downloaded the firmware you indicated but unfortunately it does not complete the installation, very similar when I try to install dd-wrt

I realized that depending on the installed firmware, the hardware version also appears when I installed an older version, it appeared that the hardware version was v 3.0 and after installing a newer version made available by intelbras, the hardware version only the software version did not appear. , in case 2.1, I verified in the router manual that the device has a Chipset
(CPU and Wireless) Broadcom BCM5357 2 MB Flash Memory and 16 MB SDRAM Memory, this manual I find on the integbras page at the link https://backend.intelbras.com/sites/default/files/integration/guia_wrn_240_slim_portugues_01-16_site.pdf already in the technical specifications guide says Chipset (CPU and wireless) BCM5356L
Flash memory 2 MB
16 MB SDRAM memory this is available at https://backend.intelbras.com/sites/default/files/integration/in-002-15-datasheet_wrn_240_slim_0.pdf

I want to install dd wrt because I want to use the hotspot function if someone can help you can even indicate another firmware that does this function and is accepted by the mentioned router
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please keep in mind, this is not an officially supported device. If you want official support, some necessary router detection information is required. That being said, the information here is for reference mostly.

Also, with the new information about the "Slim" version being a Broadcom and not an Atheros (which is why the firmware won't work!), please refer to the following links. There is no BCM535* device with 2MB flash supported by this firmware, and likely won't be. A 2MB flash device will not support what you want to do, anyway. There are no 2MB flash devices supported by any custom firmware AFAIK.

Known Incompatible Devices - DD-WRT Wiki

Supported Devices - DD-WRT Wiki

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good afternoon, thank you very much friend for the information, after the clarifications I understood that the router does not support or dd wrt, thanks for the help anyway
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I may have been a little hasty in my previous post. There are 2MB flash devices supported by THIS firmware, however, not entirely sure that the firmware images are compatible and have the features you desire.

Quote:
Asus
WL-520g
WL-520gC
Belkin
F5D7230-4 v3
F5D7231-4 v2
F5D7231-4 v12

Linksys
WAP54G v3.x
WRH54G
WRT54G v5 thru v8.x
WRT54G2 v1.x
WRT54G-LA v8
WRT54GS v2.x, v5.x thru v7.x
WRT54GS2 v1
Netgear
WG602 v3, v4

US Robotics
USR5432
USR5441
USR5451
USR5461

IF you have a means to de-brick the device in question, you can *try* to flash the broadcom micro_generic.bin or micro_special_generic.bin file.

I cannot guarantee any success, but that seems to be the only options, given my looking back into this. My apologies for incomplete information.

----------------------
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks again for the help. Let me see if I understand, in case I try to install the generic firmware that you indicated is it? if so is the installation process the same as the one I tried before?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
You would flash it from the stock firmware upgrade page.

----------------------
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
You would flash it from the stock firmware upgrade page.

ok thanks again
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good morning, I tried to do the update using the file brodcom micro_generic.bin when it completed 100% the router did not work, that is, just turn on the power light and also the port light that has a network cable connected but does not work appears on computer as unidentified network I tried via the web to make the connection with the address 192.168.1.1 and it didn't work I also tried the update address of the standard firmware which is 10.0.0.1 but it also didn't work
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was afraid this might happen. Sad Did you try pressing the reset button for ~10 seconds with the device booted up to see if it would reset and reboot on it's own? Did you try doing a 30-30-30 reset to try to clear the nvram to see if that is what was hanging?

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Factory_Defaults

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Reset_And_Reboot

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

If a reset doesn't bring it back to life, you will have to explore de-bricking options. I have no information on this device as far as if it has a serial console header or way to hook it up for serial recovery or JTAG. Confused

----------------------
Valdemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the following, after trying to install the file you indicated I waited 7 minutes and then I tried to enter the router via the web at the addresses already mentioned, as I couldn't press the reset button for approximately 20 seconds and the LEDs did not blinked, only the power-on and lan LED the cable was connected to remained on
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Was the pc you were using have a 192.168.1.x IP address when you tried to access it at 192.168.1.1?

----------------------
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: