Human-readable settings printout?

Harbinger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 16:30    Post subject: Human-readable settings printout? Reply with quote
Does a utility exist that will take ALL the DD-WRT settings and output them, in hierarchical format, to a file I can print? The last time I upgraded my firmware I had a heck of a time getting my router to talk to the WAN, and I spent a considerable time poking around until I found the right setting.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. dd-wrt (like most third-party firmware) stores its settings in nvram, which has no standard or hierarchical format. The best you can do is dump all of nvram (var=value), sort it, and perhaps find what you're looking for.

Code:
nvram show | sort | less

The less utility allows you to page-up and page-down through the results, as well as home and end (q to quit).

Of course, you could also output the results to a file and download it w/ WinSCP for more casual review.

Code:
nvram show | sort > /tmp/nvram.out

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't usefully run sort on the output of nvram show because some nvram variables commonly extend over more than one line. For example, any Startup code you add is in rc_startup, and any firewall commands you add via the GUI are in rc_firewall.
2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take a look at easyddup in this thread. It saves a (text) snapshot/restore point when you install/upgrade. It is built on top of a utility that could be used manually independently of easyddup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: