Guest wifi on R7800?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ddddwwwwrrrrtttt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:16    Post subject: Guest wifi on R7800? Reply with quote
I want to setup a guest wifi for guests that should not be able to access things like my home printer and TV.

How can I do this in dd-wrt for the R7800?

I found several guides, but and unsure about which one I should follow, here are two I found:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Guest_Network (different methods described)
https://blog.flashrouters.com/2014/05/31/set-a-dd-wrt-guest-network-flashrouters-faq/
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
well those things happen, only if you test and follow the rules, read here and there, gain more knowledge and information, and pay some effort....
unless you stick your hand in the socket you don't know what's after...isn't it...

the only thing to assure you is, R7800 is hard to brick, so whatever you do wrong it will be forgiven...
im sure you will make it with few try's ...and a bit of reading..

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 44112 BS AP,NAT,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 44048 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -------DD-WRT 44112 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -------DD-WRT 44112 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: