Are there any DD-WRT stickers being sold?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
We should probably let Sebastian know. He might want a percentage of the take on this if we're selling stickers EmbarassedWinkLaughingTwisted Evil


Well, at least I'm not interested in making any money with the stickers. I just like to have few, so that I could stick them on my laptops.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 6991
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I kinda understood that, but people might see this thread and go, "I want one...".... so, it would probably be ideal to do something that would give back to the project, I s'pose.
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW - TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I kinda understood that, but people might see this thread and go, "I want one...".... so, it would probably be ideal to do something that would give back to the project, I s'pose.


I tell you what. If someone can provide me DD-WRT logo with good enough quality for printing, then I'll promise to mail 10-15 stickers free for the first few who wants one and I'll keep the rest to myself. "First come first serve." Very Happy
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7344
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
i thought brainslayer offers/ed an engraving service, if u pay postage and whatever fee.
_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/6174 ---> DD-WRT v3.0-r44188 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44188 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44188 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44188 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 -------------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r44048 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 6991
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would have to ask about that. A merchandise niche with DD-WRT logos that supports the project would be a good thing, I think.
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW - TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I would have to ask about that. A merchandise niche with DD-WRT logos that supports the project would be a good thing, I think.


It sure would. Especially by just spreading the good word (advertising). I bet that it'd be fairly easy to arrange and there would certainly be bunch of folks who'd be interested.

Tell you the truth, I'm not even sure what is the "official" DD-WRT logo?? Is there even one? If not, then I'd be glad to help if needed to create one. I just designed logo for the Blue Team Builders collective we just found. Check out our logo from here: http://blueteambuilders.fi/ I've also designed all the graphics for my own company.
IONK
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Richie79 wrote:
Alozaros wrote:
best bet..


Thx @Alozaros, but that pic is lo-res and not suitable for printing.
I've converted the jpeg file to vector format but it's still far from perfect.


logo_770 [Converted].zip
 Description:
.ai and .svg, anyhow converted from .jpg

Download
 Filename:  logo_770 [Converted].zip
 Filesize:  66.84 KB
 Downloaded:  37 Time(s)

Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gentleman, I got DD-WRT stickers. See pics. I designed them based on @Alozaros vector image and they're not perfect, but still pretty cool I think. Very Happy

Now, I'm a man of my word and I promised to send stickers to others as well. However I also realized that I can't just start sending them allover the world, 'cause I just can't afford to do that. However as token of gratitude I would like to send stickers to at least people involved in this thread.

So if @Alozaros, @kernel-panic69, @blkt, @mrjcd, @tatsuya46 and @IONK can send me your address via private msg, I'd be happy to send you one. Smile

I haven't decided what to do with rest, but I'm considering donating them to founder of DD-WRT (Sebastian?). Thank you all for your efforts.



20200728_143433.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.26 KB
 Viewed:  1144 Time(s)

20200728_143433.jpg



20200728_144003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.48 KB
 Viewed:  1144 Time(s)

20200728_144003.jpg



20200728_143751.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.49 KB
 Viewed:  1144 Time(s)

20200728_143751.jpg


kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 6991
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I fixed the image sizes. For fuck's sake, dude, ain't nobody cruisin' this forum with a 60" LCD monitor. Detail didn't need to be that intense. Shocked Rolling Eyes
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW - TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I fixed the image sizes. For fuck's sake, dude, ain't nobody cruisin' this forum with a 60" LCD monitor. Detail didn't need to be that intense. Shocked Rolling Eyes


Sorry man! My bad, won't happen again. Very Happy

(in matter of fact my current display is _exactly_ "60 inch TV, but I got your point Very Happy Very Happy )
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 6991
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is where I could allude to lifted 4-wheel-drive pickup trucks with obnoxiously huge tires and compensation for lacking elsewhere, but I won't Twisted Evil Laughing
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW - TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
This is where I could allude to lifted 4-wheel-drive pickup trucks with obnoxiously huge tires and compensation for lacking elsewhere, but I won't Twisted Evil Laughing


But really, 60" TVs are pretty bulk purchasing items nowadays at least where I'm from. You'll get them for 300-500€. That's around 300-600$. Of course resolution is far from gaming monitors, but I prefer one big display instead of two or more small ones.

BTW would you like a sticker? PM me your address and I'll send you one.
IONK
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Richie79 wrote:
Gentleman, I got DD-WRT stickers. See pics. I designed them based on @Alozaros vector image and they're not perfect, but still pretty cool I think. Very Happy

Now, I'm a man of my word and I promised to send stickers to others as well. However I also realized that I can't just start sending them allover the world, 'cause I just can't afford to do that. However as token of gratitude I would like to send stickers to at least people involved in this thread.

So if @Alozaros, @kernel-panic69, @blkt, @mrjcd, @tatsuya46 and @IONK can send me your address via private msg, I'd be happy to send you one. Smile

I haven't decided what to do with rest, but I'm considering donating them to founder of DD-WRT (Sebastian?). Thank you all for your efforts.

It seems like you didn't use my converted file (probably because my machine-converted file lost all the subtle details), and the original design is not mine to begin with, so I cannot accept your kind offer.
Richie79
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Oct 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
IONK wrote:
Richie79 wrote:
Gentleman, I got DD-WRT stickers. See pics. I designed them based on @Alozaros vector image and they're not perfect, but still pretty cool I think. Very Happy

Now, I'm a man of my word and I promised to send stickers to others as well. However I also realized that I can't just start sending them allover the world, 'cause I just can't afford to do that. However as token of gratitude I would like to send stickers to at least people involved in this thread.

So if @Alozaros, @kernel-panic69, @blkt, @mrjcd, @tatsuya46 and @IONK can send me your address via private msg, I'd be happy to send you one. Smile

I haven't decided what to do with rest, but I'm considering donating them to founder of DD-WRT (Sebastian?). Thank you all for your efforts.

It seems like you didn't use my converted file (probably because my machine-converted file lost all the subtle details), and the original design is not mine to begin with, so I cannot accept your kind offer.


Actually I did, but I didn't have any SW which could open .ai files (struggled a bit with Gimp with no luck). So had to convert them once more. I did some coloring, e.g. added "official" DD-WRT colors which I copied from the forum, but otherwise it's the same.
IONK
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Richie79 wrote:
IONK wrote:
It seems like you didn't use my converted file (probably because my machine-converted file lost all the subtle details), and the original design is not mine to begin with, so I cannot accept your kind offer.


Actually I did, but I didn't have any SW which could open .ai files (struggled a bit with Gimp with no luck). So had to convert them once more. I did some coloring, e.g. added "official" DD-WRT colors which I copied from the forum, but otherwise it's the same.

Sorry I totally forgot to convert to SVG Sad
If you'd followed up, I could have spent more time to redraw the details and add the cutline for the decal.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum