Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 8419 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 15:40 Post subject: New Build - 06-25-2020-r43516
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. 6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) and bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566.Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas(there are a few alternatives, search).
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay (e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25').
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.