Windows 10 and Gateway problem's

Frakko
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43    Post subject: Windows 10 and Gateway problem's Reply with quote
I recently found it difficult to use Windows 10 with dd-wrt routers.
Windows clients often go offline and have trouble recognizing the gateway. The problem is found both with the Atheros WiSOC based Hardware version (Tplink 841) and with the Broadcom SoC based Hardware (Tplink R7000). Previously the automatic resolution of windows 10 was able to solve the problem currently, this problem, blocking the navigation.
How do you solve this problem Question
Thank you.
Sponsor
Frakko
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://ibb.co/BnmYVJ1
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
i ve no idea why this happens, i believe its kind of Win 10's security shit or some shit improvement...

in my case i cannot connect to a new not known wi-fi/ethernet location, unless i unblock my outgoing firewall rules...
i went one by one revising all the rules, even reset win 10 firewall still the same...once im connected i can turn firewall again...very annoying and doesnt feel save...
As well if my connection is idle, for a long time, icon shows not connected and im not, unless i use NIC/wi-fi for anything than reconnects again... and very often i have to do it manually, very very annoying...
that shit started to happen since i updated to win10 1903...now continues..
i think its not a router problem, so you have to refer to WIn10 maintenance crew...
or NIC drivers problem..

best option move to lunux many useful distros, much better than, shit-preloaded, bloated Win10...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
tinkeruntilitworks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
in settings on windows 10 under Network & Internet go to Proxy

is Automatically detect settings enabled?

i have this disabled. i didn't have these exact issues but that setting did give me trouble in the past

not sure if this helps

good luck
SolderAmateur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with tinkeruntilitworks as that really has potential to cause problems

Asides from that, have you ever tried manually assigning ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway on your Windows 10 machine? If not then that's worth a try as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: